Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All!
Does anyone know if there is a good after market air ride ( or perhaps softer struts) for the MDX?
I've been googling this for a little white and nothing appears legit..
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
691 Posts
So you are looking for a softer ride and not to boost rear suspension for hauling or towing?

It would help if you include your year/model/OEM tire size. Do you have an Advance model with the active suspension? If you have 20" wheels/tires they won't ride as nice as 18's. There is more than one way to change the ride characteristics of a car, but clarifying what you want would help.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I've seen my buddies who drives 3rd gen Odyssey, 3rd gen MDX, 6th-10th gen accord, 1st gen TLX, 3rd gen TL, S550 Body code Mustang GT, current gen Pathfinder, any gen Civic, uses Air Lift performance 3P system. There is also a 3S and 3H systems. However these three systems are costly (mostly due to labor since its a very labor intensive job), and tends to add some weight (not significant) to the vehicle.

But keep in mind, there is no specific kit dedicated for the MDX. The systems that i just mentioned are universal, since I also listed a few models that I've seen these installed.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
The short answer is: No, nothing exists in terms of aftermarket air for the 3G MDX.
There is actually this guy who makes his own air suspension . Should check him out .. “aftermarket” for sure (y)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
There is actually this guy who makes his own air suspension . Should check him out .. “aftermarket” for sure (y)
Yep that's the kit datatechboss was talking about. It's just really costly to adapt.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
111 Posts
Okay, thats the homie PapiFlyyy. He does mostly the installs, and he uses the same kits I mentioned, but does it at a reasonable price. Flyyyair is a company that he is running and operating his air install and performance modifications.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Also if you wait until after 2021, Acura has the type S MDX coming with air suspension. The prototype has been running with it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yep that's the kit datatechboss was talking about. It's just really costly to adapt.

Let him know I sent you get 50$ off your purchase . Instagram is in the pictures . @flyyairr .

·
Registered
5 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
i'm wondering about bagging my 2014 mdx also.. wonder how the ride is?
Its gonna be similar to how the stock setup is from factory, but if you lower it and drive it, it will be similar to coil overs on ride quality iicr.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just want to inform everybody is that we do have aftermarket air ride for our car. You guy should check out airtekk, they have full kit from $1800 to top of the line $4000. Im aimming for their stage 3 kit which come with 2 compressors and Airlift 3P. But first i need to convince my wife lol.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts