Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Acura MDX A-Spec
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Alvin price matched my Costco tire order from Labour day, so I cancelled my Costco order and am getting the tires and rims through them. It is the best option IMO.
Thanks for the info again, I’ll give them a call to see what my options are. I think I’ll go ahead with my Costco order since I plan to put my winter tires on the factory rims. Shipping costs might be the deal breaker since I can’t pick them up locally, I’m all the way out west.

·
Registered
2022 Acura MDX A-Spec
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
On a related topic, anyone know if the new generation MDX has auto program TPMS sensors? Or do we have to get them reprogrammed between every season if we have a separate set of wheels/tires for winter and summer. My 2017 Ford F-150 is so easy, just throw the tires on and it automatically sees the new set of wheels and tires. Hoping the MDX works the same way

·
Registered
115 Posts
On a related topic, anyone know if the new generation MDX has auto program TPMS sensors? Or do we have to get them reprogrammed between every season if we have a separate set of wheels/tires for winter and summer. My 2017 Ford F-150 is so easy, just throw the tires on and it automatically sees the new set of wheels and tires. Hoping the MDX works the same way
Every Acura I’ve owned (most recently a 2020 RDX) had self learning TPMS. I’m thinking the MDX would be the same.

·
Registered
2022 Acura MDX A-Spec
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Every Acura I’ve owned (most recently a 2020 RDX) had self learning TPMS. I’m thinking the MDX would be the same.
That’s good to hear. We owned a 2015 Honda Odyssey (replaced with the MDX) and it wasn’t that way. Was wondering if Honda/Acura was moving in that direction or not. I asked the parts department at my local Acura and their answer didn’t convey a lot of confidence on if it was auto program or not

·
Registered
115 Posts
That’s good to hear. We owned a 2015 Honda Odyssey (replaced with the MDX) and it wasn’t that way. Was wondering if Honda/Acura was moving in that direction or not. I asked the parts department at my local Acura and their answer didn’t convey a lot of confidence on if it was auto program or not
I’ve had a 2015 TLX, a 2017 MDX, and a 2020 RDX and they were all self learning.

·
Registered
2022 Acura MDX A-Spec
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
As an update, I've called a local Fountain Tire here and was given a quote of $368 for an RWCWheel (AC10120) + $100 shipping. I also called Acura in downtown Toronto, spoke with Alvin who was very helpful. Price not bad I suppose for a 20" rim but always looking for a better deal!

·
Registered
18 Posts
If you are going to go with RWC rims,
As an update, I've called a local Fountain Tire here and was given a quote of $368 for an RWCWheel (AC10120) + $100 shipping. I also called Acura in downtown Toronto, spoke with Alvin who was very helpful. Price not bad I suppose for a 20" rim but always looking for a better deal!
What did Alvin quote you for the 20”?

·
Registered
2022 Acura MDX A-Spec
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Here’s an update. Alvin connected me with a local Acura dealership and their quote was $349.26 per rim. TPMS sensors at $55.13 and installation for $150. All in price is $1855.93. Price seems fair but haven’t decided. These rims are exact fit to OEM and as my original post stated seems hard to find ones like that. Will decide in the next few days.

·
Registered
16 Posts
quick90, my local tire shop said they require 2" from caliper to rim, hence 18" will not work, that I have to buck up to the 20's. My Grand Cherokee ran summer 20's but winter 18's no problem. Wondering who's right here. My son put all seasons & rims on his TL Type-S and those rims barely cleared the calipers, so I dunno...

·
Registered
18 Posts
I am going to guess that the dealer is right, the rims are specifically listed as being for this gen of MDX.

·
Registered
2022 Acura MDX A-Spec
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
quick90, my local tire shop said they require 2" from caliper to rim, hence 18" will not work, that I have to buck up to the 20's. My Grand Cherokee ran summer 20's but winter 18's no problem. Wondering who's right here. My son put all seasons & rims on his TL Type-S and those rims barely cleared the calipers, so I dunno...
There is a 19” option if you don’t want to get 20s. I believe the base 2022 MDX has the 19” wheel so you can match that one

·
Registered
18 Posts
I just measured the distance between the outside of the caliper and inside of the rim and there is about 1.5" on the 20" rims. I'm no expert but I would think moving down to 18" would take off 1" or so, so there would be about 1/2" of clearance?

21 - 35 of 35 Posts