Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Acura MDX A-Spec
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of us north of the border, any luck finding aftermarket winter rims for the new generation of MDX? Many websites don't even have the 2022 model year to select when looking for wheels. I got the wheel specifications from the dealer:

20x8
5x120
64.1 bore
29-50mm offset

Even with that, I'm finding it difficult to find much choice out there. I'd like to get a hub centric rim so I don't have to bother with spacers, any good wheel website recommendations?

·
Registered
115 Posts
One of the local tire shops has a few winter wheel and tire options listed for the 22 MDX. They have 18, 19, and 20 inch options. I haven’t started shopping for winters yet. I usually get them from the dealer.

·
Registered
2022 Acura MDX A-Spec
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the responses, what I've actually done is purchased some 20" winters tires from Costco today. BTW 20% discount for all tires and rims from Costco Canada today only. Plan is now to put the winter tires on the factory rims and then look for some nice summer rims (put factory rubber on new summer rims)

The Costco rim website does not have our model, well it kind of does but it looks like its actually from the 2020 model year and there are no 20" options.

So I have some time as maybe more options will become available over the course of the next few months. I thought by now wheel manufactures would at least have the model year as an option. No luck so far.

·
Registered
2017 Acura MDX Tech FWD
1,484 Posts
Why not get a set of steelies for the winter or transfer the OEM rims to the winter tires and get a set of amazing aftermarket rims for the 3 remaining seasons?

·
Registered
2022 Acura MDX A-Spec
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Why not get a set of steelies for the winter or transfer the OEM rims to the winter tires and get a set of amazing aftermarket rims for the 3 remaining seasons?
Yup, that is now the plan. Winter tires on factory rims and get new aftermarket rims for summer. Problem is there is not much selection for the criteria I’d like (hub centric so no spacers required). As mentioned I haven’t been able to find any good wheel sellers online here in Canada so far that have those specs.

·
Registered
21 Posts
@pankster - I don't have anything to add right now but I wanted to thank you for bringing this up as I was about to start looking for rim/tire combo. You saved me a bunch of time so thanks.

I'm considering callling my local Acura dealership to see I can buy another set of rims (I have an A-Spec) and just having both Winter and summer on their own set of rims since I really like the look of rims. I'm with you about not wanting to have to use spacers and all that stuff. Why not use the same rims? Because my city uses so much salt that I suspect they will rust sooner than I would like. :-(

I suspect Acura will charge me a fortune for those rims. I'll call them this week to find out.

·
Registered
2022 Acura MDX A-Spec
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
@pankster - I don't have anything to add right now but I wanted to thank you for bringing this up as I was about to start looking for rim/tire combo. You saved me a bunch of time so thanks.

I'm considering callling my local Acura dealership to see I can buy another set of rims (I have an A-Spec) and just having both Winter and summer on their own set of rims since I really like the look of rims. I'm with you about not wanting to have to use spacers and all that stuff. Why not use the same rims? Because my city uses so much salt that I suspect they will rust sooner than I would like. :-(

I suspect Acura will charge me a fortune for those rims. I'll call them this week to find out.
I looked at the Acura website and they do sell a set of 20” black rims, they look pretty nice actually but Acura wants $4000 CDN for them….. so far the few aftermarket ones I’ve seen go for~$300 a piece

·
Registered
21 Posts
I wouldn't mind paying even up to 500CND per rim but 4K is just stupid pricing. I have to start looking around as the cold weather will be here in no time and places will be out of stock (likely are already).

·
Registered
2022 Acura MDX A-Spec
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I wouldn't mind paying even up to 500CND per rim but 4K is just stupid pricing. I have to start looking around as the cold weather will be here in no time and places will be out of stock (likely are already).
Exactly my thinking, 4K is ridiculous! And you’re right, the way supply chains are working these days stock will be low and demand high, that’s why I got the winter tires now. With my plan now I have a bit of time to get the summer rims, hopefully more options become available by January/February.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for the responses, what I've actually done is purchased some 20" winters tires from Costco today. BTW 20% discount for all tires and rims from Costco Canada today only. Plan is now to put the winter tires on the factory rims and then look for some nice summer rims (put factory rubber on new summer rims)

The Costco rim website does not have our model, well it kind of does but it looks like its actually from the 2020 model year and there are no 20" options.

So I have some time as maybe more options will become available over the course of the next few months. I thought by now wheel manufactures would at least have the model year as an option. No luck so far.
Which winter tire did you get from Costco. Can anyone suggest the best winter tire?

·
Registered
2022 Acura MDX A-Spec
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Which winter tire did you get from Costco. Can anyone suggest the best winter tire?
I got the Bridgestone Blizzaks this time. Over the years I’ve owned the Michelin X-Ice and Blizzaks. Personally feel they are equal as a winter tire. It’s hard to compare unless you drive the exact same vehicle with both sets of tires. Got the Blizzaks this time as they were a great deal with the Costco sale. $1000 for all four incl installation.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Pankster, did you get the 255/50R20 Blizzaks? I'm considering getting those for our A-Spec. I no longer have a costco membership but a friend has one. Can we delay the installation at the time of purchase and just make an appointment later to get them installed in late Oct/Nov? I want to get my hands on them asap and store them at home while I look for rims.

·
Registered
2022 Acura MDX A-Spec
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Pankster, did you get the 255/50R20 Blizzaks? I'm considering getting those for our A-Spec. I no longer have a costco membership but a friend has one. Can we delay the installation at the time of purchase and just make an appointment later to get them installed in late Oct/Nov? I want to get my hands on them asap and store them at home while I look for rims.
Yup, those are the exact tires I’ve ordered. I talked to the staff at the local Costco where the tires will be shipped to and they said I can book the install any time. Doesn’t have to be when the tires come in. My tires should be here in the next week or so. I’ll have to pick them up and store until end of October when I plan to get them installed.

·
Registered
2022 Acura MDX A-Spec
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
My dealer (Acura Downtown Toronto) is providing RWC rims for winter, 18" are priced at $190 each. You can get 20" as well

Thanks for the post!!! Must be a new update as I thought I looked on their website and couldn’t find anything. Looks like some great options and has the exact bore size so I don’t have to get spacers which was what I wanted!

·
Registered
2022 Acura MDX A-Spec
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for the post!!! Must be a new update as I thought I looked on their website and couldn’t find anything. Looks like some great options and has the exact bore size so I don’t have to get spacers which was what I wanted!
Know of any good retailers? I checked CanadaWheels and they have no stock for those sizes.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I would ask your Acura dealer about them. They are going to be ordering them for me for delivery in October. If you live in the GTA, if your dealer does not order from RWC I would reach out to Alvin at Acura Downtown Toronto - his contact details are on their website (he is in the parts department). They will price match competitors on tire prices as well.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yup, those are the exact tires I’ve ordered. I talked to the staff at the local Costco where the tires will be shipped to and they said I can book the install any time. Doesn’t have to be when the tires come in. My tires should be here in the next week or so. I’ll have to pick them up and store until end of October when I plan to get them installed.
Alvin price matched my Costco tire order from Labour day, so I cancelled my Costco order and am getting the tires and rims through them. It is the best option IMO.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts