Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2012 MDX. Car was running find prior to this. However as I go to start the car this morning, I noticed that it wouldn't start, my battery was drained for some apparent reason. So I was finally able to jump start it, but I notice that on my dashboard that the picture of the SLIP (Car with the 3 wavy things under it), the Circle with the (I) and SH-AWD lights stay on and won't go away. Does anyone know what's wrong? I never saw these lights before prior to this. It only showed up after I performed a jump start on my drained battery. I'm really nervous and hope there's nothing wrong with the car as it seems to drive normally.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
It's not uncommon for random codes to get thrown when a battery is low. I'd start by clearing the codes. There's a good chance that the issue goes away. If it doesn't, read the codes to get additional information.

Reactions: Baaj

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Some codes can be stored in NVRAM and will not be cleared by disconnecting the battery. You need to use a scan tool. If you or a friend do not have one you can try an auto parts store like Autozone -- often they'll do it for you. Otherwise, a mechanic/dealer can do it.

·
Registered
268 Posts
The waves are the shock systems, and the SH-AWD system is pretty self explanatory. Those systems would take a decent draw on the battery, so having a low battery would make those lights go off. I don't have ADS, but once my battery went low and SH-AWD went off when the battery went low.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.