Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Whoo Hoo! How much time or miles are planning to go?

I'm at +143,000 on my 11 MDX. My mileage is waaaay down this year because of the lockdown. Side effect of the lockdown with 100% 45-55 max mph city and no hwy driving is my oil consumption is at zero at 60% oil life. I'm usually around +3/4 of quart low by now with normal non-lockdown mix of driving.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Whoo Hoo! How much time or miles are planning to go?

I'm at +143,000 on my 11 MDX. My mileage is waaaay down this year because of the lockdown. Side effect of the lockdown with 100% 45-55 max mph city and no hwy driving is my oil consumption is at zero at 60% oil life. I'm usually around +3/4 of quart low by now with normal non-lockdown mix of driving.
Wow we are so closed! You must had been banging her a lot too! Does she gave you engine pings?

Planning on keep banging and maintenance her until her heart stops beating!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
I haven't noticed any pinging (Sam's or Costco 91 Octane). Was around +20,000 miles per year since purchase used in 2014. Ended up getting a new 19 MDX hybrid in Mar/19 and a lot of those miles are piling up on that now; but, not since the lockdown (+17,000 on the hybrid).

·
Registered
3,337 Posts
Nice! I am at 120K on my 07

·
Registered
19 Posts
9 years in November, at 186xxx

Reactions: AcuraAddicted

·
Registered
3,337 Posts
Around 10K a year but most of them have been in México so 10K in México is like 30K in the USA...

Reactions: RainGoat

·
Registered
19 Posts
No issues. Mix driving. Parts replaced so far are 3 batteries, radiator, brake module, alternator, 3 windshields and your normal wear items. Other than a torn armrest, cracked clear bra and a broken mirror cap, she looks better than most 50k mile cars.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Just hit 155k on my 2009. Just did oil changed with 5w20 Mobil 1 EP 15k today. The engine still ok. 🤞

·
Registered
22 Posts
Just cracked 160k on my 2007. She looks great. Currently getting the dreaded P0420 code regularly. No other issues and runs great. Can’t decide whether to bite the bullet and get the cat replaced or not. Would like to do the non fouler fix but can’t get under the car to do it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
‘11 with 78k miles here, Original owner, love the car, was part of the recall and got the oil consumption fixed last year, going very strong like a new ride!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Gratz! 98k on my 07 X! I also plan on keeping the X until the wheels fall off or it doesn't seem feasible to keep it anymore.

·
Registered
2011 Acura MDX Advance
78 Posts
Just about to roll over 160K in our 2011 MDX. Just had the alternator replaced. Front struts are pretty much toast, I'll have to do them soon. With the piston repair I had done about a year ago, I'm hoping to get another 100K out of her.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts