Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
554 Posts
since wmquan answered majority of the questions, i will just add a couple of comments. the '02 MDX does not have a foot rest, and yes, the lack of proper dead pedal does start bothering me after a 3+ hr ride. however, when i drive less than 2.5 hrs, i am ok.

the '02 MDX does have a quieter ride, Acura placed the roof rack a little farther back, changed the design of the side view mirrors and the windshield which has helped some. but, remember, the MDX is bigger, wider, taller? than the ML and therefore, will probably continue to have more windnoise-IMHO.

regarding quality, i had a couple of first year quality issues(a couple of my radio station buttons quit working, my passenger srs light was on at all times, and i have a squeak/rattle from the rear passenger side). these are minor things that were corrected in one visit and not something that would have deterred me from buying the MDX. hopefully, you won't have these things to worry about in a '02 MY.

regarding winter handling, since i live in tx i can't help u with that one.

if you are looking for further difference between '01 and '02 MDX check out BellTeck's comparison

good luck and let us know what you decided upon and why.

· Registered
554 Posts
proskunetes said:

My Left Foot:
They should make a movie out of this...
they did make a movie called My Left Foot. Its about a piano player-i think. It even won some awards. But, i don't think MDX was in it.:)

· Registered
554 Posts
i have to agree with bill diggs, the left foot syndrome, and the lack of peppiness are not the reasons i would use to not buy a MDX. the windnoise is definetly excessive IMHO. my dad has a 2000 accord that is much quieter(and smaller) than the 'X.

yoitsme, i was wondering when u were planning on buying your suv. since, the rx300 is being redesigned for next year, u might want to wait(if possible). I like the rx300, but unlike u i thought it was way too small. and the ergonomics are pathetic. I think the only vehicle with worse ergonomics will be the new BMW 745i with the i-drive system.

anyways, just my 2 cents

Season's Greeting to everybody, and Peace on Earth!

· Registered
554 Posts
ifeldman,

welcome to our little site. congrats(i hope) on your new baby. i agree, anybody who gets to drive a MDX or a RX or a ML on a regular basis is doing allright. u can't really complain.

GG rules:D

· Registered
554 Posts
Great links Gator!!

Its funny, when u read the comments on the MB boards, so many of the threads are about problems they are having with there ML.

· Registered
554 Posts
that article is hilarious. According to the "secret" european industry survey, Opel(GM-europe) had better quality than MB. Truly pathetic. I guess chrysler and MB are starting to look more and more alike.:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.