Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I am in the market for a used 2016/2017 MDX SH-AWD with Tech package.

I found two vehicles, both with the right color combination and are in great condition. One is the 2016 MDX with 19k miles for $39k and the other one is the 2017 MDX with 10k miles for $46k.

I am aware of the upgrades in 2017, but are they worth $7,000 more?

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
If they both come with Acurawatch, then it is just a style preference between them. I think the only other difference is the bolt pattern for the rims are different for the +17 MDX.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Also remember that a big part of the $7,000 difference is the fact that you getting 9,000 less miles on your odometer and a full model-year newer vehicle. This is significant for your residual value, probably even more so than the YoY refresh upgrades. That said, $46K is still steep for a 2017 SH-AWD w Tech with 10,000 miles. There are several members here who just negotiated deals on brand new equivalent vehicles at $46K (with no miles on them). Check out the Pricing Paid thread for reference.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I paid $44k on 16 tech AWplus with 1k miles back in Oct 16.. you can do better today.. the 18's are hitting the lots as we speak. If you like Sirrus the new 17 has play back feature, engine auto start, 20" rims and tires, new led turn signals, folding side mirrors, exhaust tips, and new front and rear ends

·
Registered
9 Posts
We bought a '17 MDX, new. We were in the market for a low miles one (15,16,17) but then the discounted price on a new was only like $1500 more...

I think the biggest reason to get the 17 was the folding mirrors (my wife finds it's much easier to park in the garage if she hits the button first) and the safety features that come included now.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
I've seen folks get NEW 2017 TECH SHAWD for about $44k. I don't think either of these are a good deal for USED.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts