Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
You can also use one of the tires as a full size spare depending on which set you are using at the time. I've waited up to 10 days and had to use a donut waiting for a replacement tire and appointment at Discount Tires.

·
Registered
2018 Acura MDX Advance SH AWD
161 Posts
As an advance owner, I wish I had 19" wheels and 55 profile tires rather than 50. 20" wheels with 245/50 tires makes the wheel balance go out really quick in hilly bumpy areas like Pittsburgh that are pot hole filled on every road. If you are in a flat area like Florida with superb highways, by all means. My previous vehicle was also 245/50R20 and same thing. Constantly re-balancing the wheels because the tires don't provide enough give. Just a thought. Unfortunately with with the premium options, these manufacturers are under the impression premium owners want big wheels with small tires. Dumb.

·
Registered
2017 Acura MDX Tech FWD
2,190 Posts
As an advance owner, I wish I had 19" wheels and 55 profile tires rather than 50. 20" wheels with 245/50 tires makes the wheel balance go out really quick in hilly bumpy areas like Pittsburgh that are pot hole filled on every road. If you are in a flat area like Florida with superb highways, by all means. My previous vehicle was also 245/50R20 and same thing. Constantly re-balancing the wheels because the tires don't provide enough give. Just a thought. Unfortunately with with the premium options, these manufacturers are under the impression premium owners want big wheels with small tires. Dumb.
Florida is pothole and sinkhole mecca my guy. Its always a cringe when I cannot avoid a pothole. We also have more than necessary speed bumps too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
745 Posts
Be careful about the bolt circle diameter. Acura can't seem to make up their mind about which size to use. The first of the gen 3 MDX, MY 2014-2016, came with 5x114.3 bolt pattern; from MY 2017 forward it was 5x120 (which was the size for the MDX gen 2 as well). This means you cannot use wheels from any MDX MY 2014-2016 on your MY 2019.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts