Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Is this some kind of joke? I literally JUST replaced my struts with KYB ones today at the shop and just drove it home. Also why does the title say 2007-13 but then in the body it says 2007-09?

·
Registered
336 Posts
Just got my letter today. Too bad since we're at 119k miles. Are there any '07s out there with less than 100k?? As a family hauler, a sub-100k mile vehicle seems like a rarity. Thanks, Acura???

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just got my letter today. Too bad since we're at 119k miles. Are there any '07s out there with less than 100k?? As a family hauler, a sub-100k mile vehicle seems like a rarity. Thanks, Acura???
Page 2 allows you to submit a receipt, which could have a pre-100k mileage noted.
My mdx has 86,000 now and I did the "base shock" swap at 79,000.

It was easy enough that I'm going to swap back and use this warranty extension.
The document uses cold weather as an excuse, so I time my trip to the dealer this Winter.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Lol, this kinda makes me wanna trade in my current one with 140k miles for a mint low mileage sport model. Ughhh.

But hey, I guess good on Acura for doing this. Enjoy your new shocks!

·
Registered
31 Posts
I was all excited when getting the letter, thinking how great acura is- then realized its for only if you have 117K miles or less..

What if the dealer replaced them under 100K miles, doesnt that warrant a refund? They replaced mine under 100K miles

·
Registered
71 Posts
i got this letter too! im kinda jumping up and down seeing Acura stepped up the plate on this. im an original owner too.

but am i reading this wrong too....about the 100K miles? i had a set blow before 100K and now im at 160K. i recently had to do these shocks (3 of them) again around 150K. i hope Acura covers majority of these repairs. just called my dealer who did all the work to send me the invoices again so i can submit all of this together. im calling the client relations 888-234-2138 on Monday to get 100% confirmation.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Im getting my statement from the dealer, and sending it in to see what happens- they replaced two fronts under100K miles. I am at 155K miles now, but I dont think that matters- the point is, they are trying to make up for the people that spent money replacing these defective shocks.?

·
Registered
7 Posts
So I just replaced all 4 with KYB... literally the day before I got the letter. Sigh... didn't Alanis Morrisette pen a song about this?

I guess I'll try to seek some reimbursement?? I can't imagine that working well. I knew Acura Canada had a recall, but after 6 months without a USA one, I gave up waiting. Thanks Acura!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Update: I called Acura Client Relations this AM.

Essentially, they are saying if there are any repairs POST 100,000 miles or 7 years (which ever one comes first) since taking delivery of the MDX, they will NOT cover. For me:

I had a service on these shocks at 89K - COVERED
I had a service on these shocks at 127K -- NOT COVERED
I had a service on these shocks at 152K -- NOT COVERED

I submitting all paid invoices with a Acura Case number and hoping for the best. I'm going to include a strong worded document to ensure they understand my costs have totaled well over $4K on dealing with these shocks and I'm very doubtful in owning another Acura product due to this.

·
Registered
739 Posts
I haven't received the notice yet. I hope Acura didn't send to the original owner. What about a DIY? I bought new ADS and replaced them myself.

Edit: Called ACR, they created a case and someone will give me a call in one business day. Anyone with 2010-2013 who got the notice, can you upload the reimbursement form?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just bought a 2007 Sport package with 53,000 miles. It's in great condition, but I have noticed a clunk coming from rear when going over a pothole. Would that be a symptom? And cover under this notice if I'm not original owner? Thanks.

·
Registered
739 Posts
I just bought a 2007 Sport package with 53,000 miles. It's in great condition, but I have noticed a clunk coming from rear when going over a pothole. Would that be a symptom? And cover under this notice if I'm not original owner? Thanks.
The second owner will be covered. However, you are no longer covered under the warranty extension because you are exceeded the 7 years limit. The warranty extension is 7 years/100,000 whichever comes first. If I were you, I would call the Acura Client Relations to see if they can do a "Goodwill".

The rear shocks are easy to spot if they are bad. You will see fluid leaking.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Hate to disagree with you, @nzone , but I think he would be covered. The notice says until May of 2017 or 100k miles. He isn't close to either. It also says any current owners and any subsequent owners. I don't think he'd have any problem if he brought it to his dealership and brought the notice along.

If the dealership won't cover it for some odd reason then try calling Acura Client Relations.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Regarding the date May 8, 2017 vs 7 years...

I called the AHC toll free number on my letter, gave them my 2007's vin and they said the Acura shop would diagnose my noise and leaks.
Based on the diagnosis the repairs would be covered, until May 8, 2017.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.