Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you adjust the headlight beam on 2014-2019 MDX? I took it to the dealer several times but they can't adjust it properly, they either adjust it too high or too low. Can i do it myself easily?

·
Registered
94 Posts
There is an geared wheel that is adjusted with Phillips head screwdriver through an access hole in the black plastic cover on top the headlights.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Don't see anything like that on my 14 Tech. Even lifted the shroud and don't see where I can do any adjustments.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Don't see anything like that on my 14 Tech. Even lifted the shroud and don't see where I can do any adjustments.
+1. The markings are there. But there is nothing to adjust. Very interesting. There are no screws on my 17.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I wasn't able to find a video online for adjusting the MDX but I did find a video that shows how to do it on an RSX with the same mechanism and how to use a screwdriver to make the adjustments. So for the 2017 you insert the screwdriver into the hole and use the tip to engage the gear wheel. The 2014's had it pretty the same set-up although since they are slightly different from 2017 on the hole may or may not be there but the mechanism certainly is. I was able to adjust the headlights on my 2014 MDX but I forget what the top on the housing looks like but it's there.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Again,the holes in the shroud are there but there is nothing underneath. Obviously the adjustment changed with the refresh. You stick a screwdriver in there and you are scratching the paint.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Maybe it varies by year and model. I can see the up/down gear on my 2020 MDX Hybrid.
But there is nothing under the right/left adjust hole as elvisfan has said.

·
Registered
495 Posts
On my '19, there are two adjuster holes on each side - one for L/R, one for U/D. The L/R one has a hole but nothing underneath. The U/D one has a hole with an adjuster as shown above. I need to lower mine just a smidge, so will give it a shot and let folks know if it works....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts