Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, for those of you interested this might be something you will be interested in. As you all know nobody makes any sort of true performance suspension for the MDX. BUT...they do for the Odyssey. I found this set of adjustable coilovers for the 2005 and up Odyssey from Megan Racing and it just so happens that they are located a few miles from me so I had the chance to go take a look and see for myself. If you compare the specs for their system, it's less than an inch difference. Take a look.

Attachments

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pic 3

The only difference is on the lower hub mount for the wheels. You'll notice a slight difference. If you line up the bottom, the top bolt hole is about 1/4 to 1/3 or so inch off. That can be taken care of with a little drilling. These are height and dampening adjustable coilovers and include all mounting hardware with camber adjustable pillowtop front mounts. At the softest dampening setting these are softer than OEM. at the hardest about 3 times the stiffness of OEM. Adjustments can be made on the car with a few twists. No removal.

Attachments

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rear Shocks

The rear shock does have a different mount. First gen has eyelet to eyelet mounting. There are two ways to go about this. One, you can get an eyelet to T-brace adapter. They do exist. I know, I have done a vast amount of research on the suspension options. Second option is to have the T-brace pressed out and a new bushing pressed in.

Attachments

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
True Coilovers

For those of you that have 2012 and up...they are in the final stages of testing for a custom set of coilovers for the MDX. But that will be in about 2 months or so. No hard ETA. Do understand that this is a performance suspension system and your ride will be harsher. Also as I have not done this mod yet, if you decide to do this it is at your own risk.
The comparison used in the pics were the KYB strut and an OEM shock.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Swaybar Links

I did also find this that I did order and should be installing in about 2 weeks. Adjustable sway bar links from Whiteline. I'll let you everyone know about how good they are once I get them

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Any updates and pics after the install? I really want to slam my 2010 MDX and you're the only one that has gotten close to finding a solution to lowering a 2nd gen MDX

·
Registered
243 Posts
I know first gen odyssey rear shocks fit the mdx so I've pretty sure the first gen coilovers would work. Might be worth looking at for someone interested.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts