·
Registered
859 Posts

Reactions: RainGoat

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was thinking about doing a wireless charging pad in the Center console, and pulling power from the rear power outlet on the back of the Center console. It would mean some drilling, but I’d be surprised if no one has done it already.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Not wireless but I’ve used the Panavise mount with a Scosche tablet magnet for years. The panavise is cheap & hard mounts between the center stacks seems. Super solid - I love it. I’ve now used them on 3 other vehicles. I’ve thought about putting one of those magnetic Qi chargers on it.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Phone holder with fast charging option and additional wiring works just fine

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Phone holder with fast charging option and additional wiring works just fine
I think if I end up having to go to navtool when my Bluetooth craps out, I’ll go this route as well.

but for now I want somthing a bit more hidden and “OEM”ish.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
I just did the cup holder wireless charging option for $40 on Amazon. Looks OK and the USB wire from armrest isn't that noticeable. For me, the iPhone 6S+ is in the perfect position to use or glance at with minimal effort. Don't like being down to one cup holder when two people are in the vehicle (they have to use the back seat cup holder).

·
Registered
885 Posts
I just did the cup holder wireless charging option for $40 on Amazon. Looks OK and the USB wire from armrest isn't that noticeable. For me, the iPhone 6S+ is in the perfect position to use or glance at with minimal effort. Don't like being down to one cup holder when two people are in the vehicle (they have to use the back seat cup holder).

I did this as well. The one downside I have run into is it overheats the phone if driving on a hot summer day with the sun shining directly on the phone. It's a fight to keep it cool.

·
Registered
859 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts