Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 mdx tech/entertainment with a 110 volt plug but I'm looking at adding a dual USB port in that part of the console, has anyone accomplished this?

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
I have a 2014 mdx tech/entertainment with a 110 volt plug but I'm looking at adding a dual USB port in that part of the console, has anyone accomplished this?
Why don't you just buy a plug in USB port. They sell them everywhere. Just go to amazon and search ac to USB.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not what im looking to do

I understand I can get one of those, I already have a 3 port charger that is fairly small, the problem is the 110 outlet isnt durable enough to support the weight of it, let alone the kids knocking it out, sticks out far enough and its just a pain. I was able to drill a 3/4" hole in my old Lexus ES350 rear console and set a charger in it just like if it was from the factory. Much cleaner look is what I want.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Kind of like this, this is what I did on my Lexus. Im just not familiar with taking the panel of the rear console. The Lexus one just basically popped off and I tied into the wires that were behing that panel.

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have a bas model, so no power in the second row at all. I would like to do a mod like that. I am not that handy but have done things like add an AUX adapter to 2004 MDX and hardware XM radio. Hardest part is always the trim removal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts