Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I have a 2012 Acura MDX with the technology Package. We just got it the other day and so far we love it. In our old vehicle we had an aftermarket DVD Nav with headrest Monitors and the Kids loved it. We find it super helpful on long rides.

I am looking for what is involved to add this to our MDX. I am interested in an overhead system. How should I proceed? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
I have the Ent system in my 11 MDX and I mainly wanted the OEM system for the rear heated seats. We get more use from our 128GB iPad. I haven't purchased a DVD in years since I have Netflix to stream or burn a DVD on my Dell laptop for my iPad for vacations.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I personally don't like the entertainment/overhead system. I think with all the tablets these days, it gives us a better options. As mrgold stated, streaming to a tablet is so much easier and convenient.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
I'd probably get whatever can be installed as un-invasively as possible. In many cases, aftermarket systems reduce your resale value so get something that can easily be stripped out. To install an OEM system will cost you more than you'll ever want to spend. I'd get something with portable monitors that just straps onto the head rests. Or go the Ipad route.

·
Registered
798 Posts
I have the Ent system in my 11 MDX and I mainly wanted the OEM system for the rear heated seats. We get more use from our 128GB iPad. I haven't purchased a DVD in years since I have Netflix to stream or burn a DVD on my Dell laptop for my iPad for vacations.
x2

Here's an ipad flipdown option that could work.

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Magnadyne-Vision-Mobile-Docking-Station/dp/B008VJOZJE[/ame]

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Ok, so I have a 2012 Acura MDX with the technology Package. We just got it the other day and so far we love it. In our old vehicle we had an aftermarket DVD Nav with headrest Monitors and the Kids loved it. We find it super helpful on long rides.

I am looking for what is involved to add this to our MDX. I am interested in an overhead system. How should I proceed? Thanks in advance!
buy an ipad and call it a day. The overhead systems are more of a headache then help, esp when you are driving and have to stop to change the video or something.

I have the RES and have used it maybe a handful of times in the past 8 years.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I also have a 2012 with tech and was looking for something to keep kids busy in the back ....
I did my research I decided def against overhead sys ...
headrest is a better option but I cudnt find a sys that I REALLY liked ... still in the process of looking

1 - 8 of 8 Posts