Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my 2002 MDX Touring/Nav last weekend and wanted to add an aftermarket Cd-changer to the factory Bose system. Like most Honda/Acura cars, adding an Alpine changer should be possible but I don’t know if this is the case here. Have anyone added an Alpine changer to the Bose System out there? Some dealer said it’s possible and some said it’s impossible!
I currently have an Alpine “m-bus” CD–changer but I don’t know if the Bose system has CD changer control functions. If it does, Peripheral Electronics has an adapter will work for me.

Thanks

·
Registered
217 Posts
Check out www.autotoys.com

It is possible with an adapter (`$40 I think). Also can add a 10 disk kenwood changer

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
If you are talking hardwiring a changer in, I am sure a good stereo shop could do that. If there are no high level inputs in the Bose, they can't.
I use a Pioneer a 12 disk changer in a minivan and plan to move it to my new X when I get it.
I will use the FM Modulator if I find out there is no way to wire it in without changing the head unit, until such time I want to explore that option.
In dash CD mechanisms leave me a little leary.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts