Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am just curious if anybody is familiar with a company called Soundgate. They make a product LOCB (line output converter) (see link below) that enables you to add RCA outputs to your head unit. This allows you to add an amp. I am looking at upgrading the speakers as well and am considering Focal 165 V for the front (~$500 Cdn) and some Bostons for the rear. Been told that the rear speakers are not as critical as the fronts because they are just "fillers". The amp I am considering is a Coustic 480QE (60X4 watts) 4 channel amp. I really would like to change the head unit but I don't feel that it is worth it at present because there is no kit available for it. I also thought of just changing the front and rear speakers (without adding another amp) but I was told that this might not give me any increase in sound quality as the aftermarket speakers are all 4 ohms v.s. the 2 ohms in the current bose system. They felt the current system would not have enough power for this. Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.soundgate.com/adj-loc.html:confused:confused:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts