Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m in need of some assistance. I’ve got a 2012 Acura MDX Base that I’m adding a dual subwoofer enclosure to.

I’m at the stage of connecting a speaker line to RCA adapter behind the receiver then connecting that to a PAC LC-1 knob. From there just a long RCA cable to the 1200.1 kicker amp in the rear storage space.

The issue is, I can’t seem to find a wiring diagram to find what wires to tap into at the rear of the receiver for the speaker line to RCA cable adapter.

My original plan was to tap the wires running to the subwoofer but those don’t appear to run back to the receiver?

Secondary problem is finding a remote wire to tap, but I figured I would just test the original subwoofer’s wires until I found it.

If someone could help me out I would be incredibly grateful. Thank you!

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
tap after the factory amp for the bass signal. Usually factory HU in honda/acura these days need line driver or low level input on amp to get the signal.

·
Registered
335 Posts
i just tapped my loc right at the stock sub in the rear, 12in cadence wild beast with 1000w alpine amp

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i just tapped my loc right at the stock sub in the rear, 12in cadence wild beast with 1000w alpine amp
I currently have Rockford Fosgate RFIF2SW Speaker Line to Female RCA Adapter. Do I need a LOC instead? I believe the Kicker CX1200.1 can take high or low level input.

Which LOC did you use and do you recall which wires you tapped for it?

·
Registered
335 Posts
I currently have Rockford Fosgate RFIF2SW Speaker Line to Female RCA Adapter. Do I need a LOC instead? I believe the Kicker CX1200.1 can take high or low level input.

Which LOC did you use and do you recall which wires you tapped for it?
i forget what brand it is, i just tapped into the wires right at the stock sub, i left the stock sub connected

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just went ahead and bought a new head unit. Tired of the Bluetooth adapter for the stock unit anyway.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts