Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Made deal on tour/nav grnt Grn. last night in norCal. Got vehicle at MSRP and got them to throw in muds, locks and all weather mats. Sounds like I did OK. I pick up today at 12:00pm pst. Anything I should look out for? What is the feelings around here on the "touch of Class" protectants?? I skipped on it as well as the 1695.00 addition of 3 yrs to the 4yr. warrenty. ouch...Look forward to your input as time is running out. Wifey is full of excitment..

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Tommy,

Congrats.

You might think about the side step or running board. It is very useful for the elder or shorter people to get in and out the car.

- JTM

·
Registered
285 Posts
tommy-

congratulations on your new MDX!!! we got ours yesterday... yes, they were trying very hard to sell us the 'protection plan' and a third party 'extended warranty'... but we turned down both of them... you can buy later the american honda/acura extended warranty for the same price if you are buy it now... there's a couple of dealers who would like to sell those at a lower price (bulk rate) on the web, i can find out more details if you want... as far as i can remember, it's about $1200 for 6yr/100k with $50 dedutable (add $175 for no deductable) if you buy it say at 24k milage or 2 years after your purchase... that's original acura care extended warranty and is backed by ameircan honda... our dealership asked for about $1500 plus tax for the same package, that's why we turned it down...

keep your eyes open for any 'accidental' add on accessories while you are signing the contract, like VIN etching protection, etc.... and good luck....

_________________________-
2002 MDX, redrock pearl with touring

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the replies. So does msrp with the added muds, mats and locks thrown in seem to be a good deal? Cant wait to play with the NAVI....ANy others out their with anything I should look out for on pickup?

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Tommy,

Any accessories you get for free could consider as good deal. Many dealerships don't give out free accessories while the car is HOT on sales.

- JTM

·
Registered
285 Posts
tommy-

i agree with jim, MSRP with free stuffs is always a good deal, at least for now... but you can always ask for more, at least the sales person could throw in a free oil change...

·
Registered
184 Posts
Bring a tire air gauge and check all the tires. Some dealers tend to over inflate the tires.

I also bring some paper towells so that I can check the oil too (maybe I'm not as trusting as others).

Bring a flashlight and check for interior/exterior defects.

Learn how to use the Navi before you leave the dealer lot. Plot a scenic route on surface streets to put some miles on it so you don't have to rev it hard to keep up with traffic on the freeway.

Bring your favorite CDs for the trip home.

Depending upon what you drove before, this may be bigger and wider than what you are used to.

Have fun!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts