Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been researching the mdx like crazy. i am mainly shopping for the mdx advance, however, if i find a tech with AWP, thats close enough.

Problem I am having - I can not find anything VISUALLY that can help know if its Tech only, Tech with AWP, or just AWP. I know tech has blind spot protection, so that i can visually verified. what buttons? aesthetic change does the AWP have to know??

thanks a bunch.

OPPS -- TECH Package on tittle.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
First, I'm assuming you're looking for a 2014-2016 since you mention AWP (which is included in 2017+ on every model).

Second, the wheels are the first giveaway usually if it's a Tech or Non-Tech.

Base (just AWP would look like this on the exterior, but see further points for AWP indications):

Tech:

Advance:

This if of course assuming stock with no changes.

This next point is a bit fuzzy for me as it's been a while, but usually without AWP, I don't think you have the MAIN button on the right side of the steering wheel. Instead, I think it's CRUISE and then in the lower right side of bottom steering wheel spoke, you shouldn't have the ACC button (looks like a car with lines below it indicating distance), nor CMBS OFF button on the lower left of the console. I THINK that when you have RDM that comes with AWP, the RDM button replaces the a button that just says LDW too. Again, fuzzy memory.

Main:

CMBS off (this is a 2014 Canadian one though, and I think it's a symbol and slightly different on 2016+:

Another variation:

ACC:

RDM symbol (look for a button on the lower left side of the console like this):

Lastly, always ask for the window sticker. Some owners keep it and some dealers might even be able to produce them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts