Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another month rolls along, and we've done just about every accessory there is to do, so let's do something different.

1. MDX REMOTES! You can program these yourself with the instructions detailed in your owner's manual (correct me if I'm wrong). List price on them is 118.98, sale on now for 85.00 shipped!

2. VENTVISORS! Normal price is 69.00, on sale now for 60.00!

Most of you are aware that I'm going to be carrying the Weathertech floormats within the next week or so. I will be offering these up at a GREAT special discount for December as soon as I get them in and can do the math....I'll post the price here when they arrive.

So now there's something for everyone! You can place your order today if you wish, sale price effective through the end of the year. Hondacuraworld will be closed this coming Thursday and Friday in observence of Thanksgiving.

As always, happy MDXing, and Happy Holidays!

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Tim,

Are the mats saddle? Will there be a pic of them on your website?

Thanks for always posting great specials - happy Thanksgiving to you & your family:)

·
Premium Member
5,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The mats just got here 5 minutes ago, actually, and I do have tan!

So, maybe I'll even do this today if I get a chance. Thanks for the well-wishes, texrb, and my best to you as well.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Tim, I am still interested in a set of front W/T mats in black. I might not be able to contact you until Tuesday due to a prolonged holiday.

I hope you enjoy the holiday. All the best.
IP

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thats great news

Tim-
I am also very interested in the beige weather tech floor mats(front&rear).Great timing as I was gonna oder them from Mac Neils this week .Sounds like the price is going to be great! I'll check back for pricing later today or tommorrow .Tim do u carry manik ss sidesteps if so what price &how soon can they be delivered to me ?(being told they are backordered)
Scott
' 02 mesa beige/ touring
locks/muds/cargo tray

·
Premium Member
5,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't carry the Maniks, but I probably should. All of this discussion about the cracking pads, however, has left me to be a little apprehensive.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Tim,

For the Touring model each remote is labelled either "1" or "2". Do we specify which we want to buy or is there a "universal" model?

I didn't see this on your web-site. Do we have to call you to order?

Thanks,

bef

·
Premium Member
5,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
As far as the remotes, you can program them to whatever position you want....there isn't a different remote for each number, rather you choose how to program them when you do so.

They're not on the site, you have to phone the order in on all specials.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Question....

And I was told there was never a dumb question.

What is the remote for? Sorry, I just don't know!

·
Registered
763 Posts
Re: Question....

nanisworld said:
And I was told there was never a dumb question.

What is the remote for? Sorry, I just don't know!
For a NAV DVD player of course! Duh!!!

I am sorry (really am!!!) just couldn't help it. :D

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Tim,

I can't find anything about programming keyless-entry remotes in the owner's manual [other than take it to the dealer], but the service manual ('01) covers it on p. 22-258. It's a rather complicated procedure which needs to be done within time constraints -- AND, it says "The codes of up to three transmitters can be read into the keyless receiver unit memory. (If a fourth code is stored, the code which was input first will be erased.)" It looks like three's the limit.

Since you're selling remotes, you might want to turn p. 22-258 into a PDF file so it can be downloaded from your site.

·
Premium Member
5,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Not the worst idea. I should have checked first. I'll pour through the manual tomorrow, and I'll try to put something up....assuming we have power. We lost all electricity around 3 PM today, right in the middle of a cargo liner order :(

Hey BTW, everyone on clubrsx.com is thinking of doing a Secret Santa thing. Anyone interested in doing it here?

·
Registered
184 Posts
I looked at the service manual and it looks very similar to the CL instructions.
When I bought my CL in 98 one master key and remote was missing so the dealer ordered another set for me.
The remote came with instructions on how to program it (press lock or unlock six times) which worked without any problems.

Keep in mind that this was when the Immobilizer system was introduced and they didn't realize they had to program the key.

After they programmed the new key, I discovered that the other master key and valet key no longer worked so I had to have them reprogram all 3 keys at once.

The 3 transmitter limit may be rather annoying since you must use the remote to disable the alarm and open the doors. Using your key to open the doors after the alarm is armed will set off the alarm and disable the starter too (this is what happens with my CL so it may be different for the MDX and I'd rather not test it at 1:30 AM).

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hi all,

How many remotes does the MDX come with? I am still waiting for mine so I do not know. Usually, don't cars come with 2? Are people buying the remotes because they need more than 2 or that they want to keep a spare around?

I will definitely need 2 so if the MDX does not come with 2, I may buy one now (even though I do not have the MDX yet :) ).

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a 00TL now and a 02 MDX on order.
Is there any way to use one remote on two cars?, or do I have to carry around a pocket full of remotes?
Has anyone else tried to resolve this problem?

Thanks in advance.

John

·
Registered
184 Posts
Neo,

The MDX comes with 2 master keys, 2 remotes, and 1 valet key.

Johns00TL,

Good question. I'm carrying two sets of Acura remotes and keys. Fortunately they are different colors.
I thought the Immobilizer system was built on a "rolling" code system where a new code is assigned each time the key (and/or maybe the remote) was used. When I get another remote, I'll park the CL and MDX next to each other and hit the unlock button 6 times. Hopefully this will NOT work.

Tim,

After reading page 22-237 of the Helms manual (suggested reading for all members :p ) and the back of the remote, it seems like there is a difference between the #1 and #2 remotes since they seem to be tied to each memory on the Touring model. I'll have to test this unless someone can post the results before I get around to doing it. Maybe the remote links to whatever the current memory position so all the remotes really are the same and Acura prints a "1" and "2" just for convenience. The microprinted instructions on the back of the remotes don't say much.

All,

Page 22-236 of the Helm's manual says you should be able to open a door using a key without setting off the alarm. This contradicts my experience with the CL a couple of weeks ago when I set off the alarm and couldn't turn it off because I didn't have the remote with me (really embarassing :eek: in a crowded parking lot).

·
Registered
184 Posts
Tim,

There really IS a difference between the #1 and #2 remotes for the Touring. I just linked the remote to the seat memory and remote #2 linked to memory #2 without me specifing whether to link to #1 or #2.

So are there 3 remotes available? Non-Touring, Touring memory #1, and Touring memory #2 or is there a "universal" model that works with Non-Touring and allows you to select a seat memory to link to?

All,

To link the remote to a memory hold down the lock and unlock buttons until the red LED blinks on the remote.

·
Premium Member
5,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
They must be the same. There's only one part number for the remotes. I'll dig deeper today if I can. My son's had me up since 4 AM and I went to bed around midnight after catching up on hondacuraworld emails for a couple of hours.

Thank God for nice strong parts department coffee!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Wow, I feel special!! Is this what fame is like?

Tim, I was the one you were talking to about cargo liners when you guys had the power go out. I thought you hung up on me because of something I said. When I called back, you're lines were busy and I thought you blocked my number because you didn't want to sell me the November special... he he.

*I guess today (11/30) is the last day for the November cargo liner special, huh?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
About this Discussion
37 Replies
16 Participants
GaTadpole777
Acura MDX SUV Forums
Acura MDXers Forum - a community where enthusiasts discuss engines, tires, service and everything you need to know about the MDX!
Full Forum Listing