Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would anyone be game for this idea? Was thinking about it, and we could do something centrally located in the US, if anyone would be interested. We've all grown to be friends, I think it would be fun, maybe a weekend meet. Post your thoughts.....

·
Registered
19 Posts
Sounds like a great idea, but I don't think it would work on a national level. Would have to be regional, like northeast, southeast, etc. Max most folks would drive for a weekend meet is probably like 5-6 hours. How about one for us northeast folks near your place, and then have a GIANT accessory sale? :D

·
Administrator
710 Posts
Yes, I think it's about time for a .org meet. But I also agree that it has to be regional. Why don't we nominate regional organizers and go from there?

Nominations?

·
Registered
442 Posts
Let's do it!

Awesome idea no matter what the logistics. We can even burn an effigy of Lester89!!

·
Super Moderator
4,592 Posts
Re: Let's do it!

BostonX said:
Awesome idea no matter what the logistics. We can even burn an effigy of Lester89!!
I'd be interested, Hey I have a M Class brochure when I was looking before I got my X we can burn that.

·
Registered
619 Posts
i'm in for the southwest(Tx/LA/OK/ARK/NM) region. we could try to meet in the ozarks or the austin region or what ever u guys prefer.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Boston/NE meet

I'm up for it! Buffalo may be a little too far for a North East meet though - you're talking 8 hours.

·
Premium Member
5,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If we do it that way, let's stagger the meets.....I'd like to attend a couple of them if I can, and it'd be a great excuse for a little family getaway!

My initial thought for the northeast would be in Hershey PA, this way it's kinda centrally located for the east coasters, and me as well. Besides which, they have that cool tour where you can ride through the Hershey factory and the grounds would make it a great family day. Hershey Gardens is a nice place for a group photo too :)

BTW, if anyone's in the area and wants to say hi, I'll be in Strasburg PA around the first or second weekend in June bringing my little boy to the "Day Out with Thomas" (the tank engine) :D

·
Registered
594 Posts
Strasburg's close by

Tim -- Strasburg's really close to me -- like 45 minutes. I drive through that town on route to lancaster to harrisburg to PA turnpike to Pittsburgh to see my family.

Let me know when you're gonna be there, as I can easily meet up with you...

I've never been through that railroad museum there, either...

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'd be up for a North East meet. I was really excited when I thought Tim wanted to have it in Buffalo but I would have to agree with him that Hershey may be a bit more central for the NE region. :cool:

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
There is room in Texas ...

... for ALL of the MDXs:cool:

·
Registered
467 Posts
Or maybe a New England meet in addition to a mid-Atlantic meet .. according to yahoo maps, both Hershey PA and Buffalo are 8+ hours away.

·
Premium Member
5,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'd love to have it here in Buffalo, but I want to get as many people included as we can. Maybe we should set up a poll?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I think the Poll would be a good idea. Why don't we nominate cities for the North East along with some PRO's for that city and after the nominations are in maybe Tim could start the Poll.

I nominate Buffalo, NY.
Niagra Falls is only 30 minutes away.
Buffalo is easy to get around.
It is relatively in-expensive for lodging.
It usually stops snowing by July
And of Course..... TIM!

I could probably pull some strings and get permission to use the parking lot of Ralph Wilson Stadium (home of the Buffalo Bills).

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
I vote for Hershey, PA

I think it's more centrally located also. I've heard great things about the Hershey area.

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
What's wrong with ...

... Katy, Texas:D

·
Premium Member
5,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'll go to Katy, TX.....just as long as you won't make me ride a horse (got a serious case of saddlesore last time I did that ;) )

·
Registered
16 Posts
How about the West Coast gang?

Anyone in California willing to step up to the plate and coordinate something here? It seems we have a lot of socal folks here who are 'old timers' - if you'll excuse the expression. :D

And, personally, it would really give me a good excuse for a nice road trip in my new 'x' for the family - I can even show my little 3-year-old girl the ocean!:)

·
681 Posts
Think Southern

Well you'all just hush up a minute and let me tell you bout Southern horsepitality! For instance you'all could mosey down here to Charleston and I show you how to eat Shrimp & Grits washed down with a little ol She-Crab soup.
Or you might want to consider Orlando - it certainly isn't central but I guarantee you'll get more support from the wife and kiddies.;)
You'all come on down, you hear:D

Attachments

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.