Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

AcuraLink

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  teknocrat 
#1 ·
I just purchased a 2020 MDX. My wife and I are loving it. We traded in a 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee. We signed up for AcuraLink and last night while at a restaurant, I wanted to remote start the engine while I was paying the bill. I was shocked that remote start isn't an option on the AcuraLink app. That was the most used feature on the UConnect app with the Grand Cherokee. So I just had to use the key fob and hope it reached.........

Mike

#2 ·
I have a 18 RLX and 19 MDX and no remote start with AcuraLink. It only comes with the +19 RDX. The only thing you can do with Acuralink is lock/unlock doors, input addresses on the go with the app, find your vehicle when stopped for $250 per year. Having Carplay with MDX and you can't lock your keys in the car unless you do it on purpose makes it hard to keep AcuraLink pass the 90 day free trial. The remote start feature with the app is what I really wanted to start and warm up or cool off the MDX when leaving to/from home or taking off during a lunch break.

#3 ·
Very disappointing in a app as nice as AcuraLink. Makes no that the 19 RDX has no remote start on the key fob, but does on the app. The 20 MDX has remote start on the fob, but not on the app. I walked away from the RDX because of that, but would never have guessed this about the app for the MDX.

#4 ·
There has been times my key fob remote start didn't work standing next to the MDX; but, it would work later that day. It would be nice to have the app feature and fob to remote start on the flagship Acura SUV. Considering the limited features we get with our 3rd Gen MDXs, AcuraLink should be free. We have to wait until the 4th Gen MDX to get AcuraLink remote start.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.