Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new 2016 MDX's in car Acuralink system does not work. I can press the button and speak to a AcuraLink rep, but they can not tell my location or download directions, or...
I have been told it is a software problem. But I do not know how or when it will be fixed. The MDX was manufactured in June. I am into my third week of ownership. Does anyone have this problem?

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
My new 2016 MDX's in car Acuralink system does not work. I can press the button and speak to a AcuraLink rep, but they can not tell my location or download directions, or...
I have been told it is a software problem. But I do not know how or when it will be fixed. The MDX was manufactured in June. I am into my third week of ownership. Does anyone have this problem?
Does the GPS in the car know where you are? Can you program the GPS yourself? If the answer is yes to both these questions,then it clearly is a software issue. Does the traffic work? I would make note of how long it takes to fix it. If you are paying for acuralink,they should credit you for all the time it is down. Have you tried sending a destination using the app?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, the gps works, as does the traffic update. I can program destination from the car.

I hope that Acura will get moving and fix it. This is my first Acura.
Thanks

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Yes, the gps works, as does the traffic update. I can program destination from the car.

I hope that Acura will get moving and fix it. This is my first Acura.
Thanks
Have you tried the phone app?

·
Registered
837 Posts
Did the dealership set up the Acuralink account for you? This needs to be done. After the dealer setup you need to finish the setup at home on your PC.

I had issues and Acura fixed it. Give them a call.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Acura tells me it is an XM problem. They can not give me an estimated repair time.
It has been three weeks.
My MDX is not the only one!

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Hmm interesting. In another discussion, we talked about how AcuraLink moved away from XM and into it's own cell signal services. But apparently... it did not entirely.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was told XM purchased the company that Acura had contracted with for the 2nd Generation. XM is Acura's vendor. Or so I am told by Acura.

XM does not have the codes input correctly, I can talk with them, when I press the button, and I receive XM radio.
They can not see my location or download to the vehicle.

I am waiting for the fix!

·
Registered
305 Posts
I'm having issues with my Acuralink for a week now. My gps works fine but the Acuralink light on the overhead console has always been red and The traffic update lines on my nav are now gone. It happens everyday now. No traffic updates and acuralink does not work if I push the button.

I bought my MDX on Oct 2013, so I still have until Oct 2016 for the 3 yrs free standard acuralink package.

I had the version 2 software on my 2014 tech mdx. Is this a software issue or did acuralink cut my free subscription 9 months early?

Also, I've been having issues with my nav and ipod connections lately, not happening all the time but it is now more often than before. Just wondering if those 2 issues are related? Anyone having the same issues?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
837 Posts
Hmm interesting. In another discussion, we talked about how AcuraLink moved away from XM and into it's own cell signal services. But apparently... it did not entirely.
I think Acuralink is a 3 watt cellular system. My Acuralink works in underground parking when my XM doesn't.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts