Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My AcuraLink app on my iPhone hasn't been working for a long time. It's the one where you can see your odometer, fuel level, etc. plus remotely unlock or lock the doors etc. I finally got around to calling AcuraLink client relations and the woman I spoke with put me on hold while she contacted tech support. It turns out that this app hasn't been working for some time and she said they are supposedly working to get it fixed with more diligence than before. Sounds like they have know about it for some time but haven't put an emphasis on getting it fixed. Maybe there aren't that many people paying for this subscription based service? Anyway for those that are paying for AcuraLink, your aren't getting what you are paying for. Can those with the App on their iPhone try using it and see if you get your odometer reading, etc.? If it doesn't work, as I suspect will be the case, can you call Acura Client Relations at 800-382-2238 and get a case number. Please reply to my post if you are experiencing the same issue, how long and if you have called Acura. This service is quite expensive and if it's not working then we aren't getting what we paid for and should either get a refund or given an extended renewal for free after the problem is taken care of.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Is this service really worth it? Please chime in with Likes and Dislikes.
I don't have it and have never felt the need to have to read my odometer, fuel level, etc. from my iPhone - I can see that just fine on the gauges when I get in the vehicle. Even then, it's not like I look at the odometer all the time since there's no need to, and I routinely check the fuel gauge in any vehicle I drive around the time I start the vehicle. This is just habit - a good one.

I can already unlock and lock the doors with the remote and the locking is habitual as well - I don't find myself wondering if I locked the doors and need to lock them from afar - i.e. out of range of the remote. I don't unlock the vehicle unless it's within sight and even then I rarely unlock or lock the doors from the actual remote - I just pull on the handle when I want to get in, which will unlock the vehicle since the remote is in my pocket, and I usually just lock it by pressing the button on the handle.

For the OP - what they told you sounds like they were very casual about saying the system hasn't been working. It almost doesn't sound right and you're correct to question it of others on this forum. If it's true they have a system-wide issue rendering this paid service unavailable for an extended time then you certainly should get a refund for as long as it's been unavailable.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I just checked my Acuralink from my iPhone and everything appears to be working. All the vehicle stats were correct and up to date.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is this service really worth it? Please chime in with Likes and Dislikes. Thx
AcuraLink does provide a lengthy list of features that I didn't list in my original post. I listed just the basics for troubleshooting purposes. AcuraLink provides different level packages. I have the Premium package so I will list some of the services provided:

Traffic, Quick Tips and Maintenance
Automatic Crash Notification
Stolen Vehicle Locator
SOS
Remote Door Lock/Unlock
Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Alarm Notification
Car Finder (honks horn and flashes lights)
Destination download
Low Power Mode
Vehicle Status
24/7 Live Concierge Service

It may provide value to some based on affordability.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just checked my Acuralink from my iPhone and everything appears to be working. All the vehicle stats were correct and up to date.
Thanks. I'm surprised yours is working. AcuraLink Client Relations said it was a full system outage.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Thanks. I'm surprised yours is working. AcuraLink Client Relations said it was a full system outage.
When I originally posted it as working I was able to request and receive updated vehicle information. I tried it again just now (7:54am cst 8/27/2016) and it is NOT working.
I will call Acuralink this morning and report my outage.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Is this service really worth it? Please chime in with Likes and Dislikes. Thx
Just my opinion but,this is a thread about an optional feature of the car that is down that we are paying for. Pros and cons of whether to buy it or not should be a different thread. If I see that a new post has been added,I would prefer an update of the status. Not "I like it" "I don't like it " etc.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
It appears to be fixed. Uninstall and reinstall. I have confirmed that it is working.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Mine is working but i would never purchase it again. I really don't use any part of it. I thought it was neat when i first got the MDX.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Mine is working but i would never purchase it again. I really don't use any part of it. I thought it was neat when i first got the MDX.
We always send the destination by the app. It works better then trying to enter it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts