Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What pricing is acuracare these days on an extended warranty? Looking for a 120k option soon before my 4/50 warranty expires. Thanks for any details on what you may have negotiated.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Always remember extended warrenties from dealers are about 60% profit.
Every thing we buy includes a profit. The insurance industry wouldn’t exist without profit. As a matter of fact, almost nothing would exist without profit. OP has decided. He/she is just trying to find the best price.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
I did an online purchase from Acura of Peoria, AZ, back in 2014 for my 11 MDX Adv.

You have until the basic 4/50k warranty expires from the date the the MDX was originally purchased or leased (if you didn't purchase new). You can call Acura warranty with the VIN for the how much time is left on the basic warranty if you did purchase used. I would stay away from 3rd party warranties and stick with Acuracare because:

• sometimes you can purchase on-line from another out-of-state dealership and can save $200-$300 on sales tax
  • it can be used at any Acura and Honda dealerships (some restrictions with Honda dealerships,
  • info is entered into Acura's nation wide database (no paperwork to keep, no long pre approval process with +5 phone calls)
  • no maintenance or service requirements other than regular M.I.D. service schedule
  • loaner vehicles available,
  • transferable to new owners, and
  • can be cancelled anytime (with prorated refund).
The only downside with any warranty is waiting for something to break before it expires. You still have the 4/50k, 6/70k powertrain, TSB, and any current/future Acura extended 100k warranties that might apply before Acuracare kicks in.

I purchased 5/120k Acuracare for my 11 MDX Adv for $2390 in 2014 because of the magnetic suspension. A few years later, Acura offered a 100k extended warranty to cover the magnetic suspension for the MDX/ZDX. My 5/120k warranty was only good for 20k. My rear suspension did fail at 107,000 miles and was replaced under warranty; but, OEM replacement parts where at much cheaper price than $2400 for the original warranty.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Every thing we buy includes a profit. The insurance industry wouldn’t exist without profit. As a matter of fact, almost nothing would exist without profit. OP has decided. He/she is just trying to find the best price.

Guess you did not catch what I was implying. With so much profit built in there is always a lot of negotation room for deep discounts.

·
Registered
13 Posts
What pricing is acuracare these days on an extended warranty? Looking for a 120k option soon before my 4/50 warranty expires. Thanks for any details on what you may have negotiated.
I've purchased multiple Acura Care and Honda Care warranties from Hyannis Honda. I purchased the Acura Care 5/100k warranty for our 2011 MDX w/ Tech a couple weeks before the original 4/50k expired. The warranty just expired a month ago at nine years old and 93k miles. I would also point out that the Acura Care did pay for itself but not until years eight and nine...still hard to believe I had a car under a manufacturer branded warranty for nine years.

I highly recommend Hyannis Honda...

Good luck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts