Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The closest dealer to me is Honda. I need wipers for my Acura. Is there a part number for the front wipers on a 2010 mdx I can use at the Honda dealer?

·
Registered
82 Posts
The closest dealer to me is Honda. I need wipers for my Acura. Is there a part number for the front wipers on a 2010 mdx I can use at the Honda dealer?
Acura does not make wiper blades, so there may not be an OEM number. I am sure that if you buy wiper blades from the dealer, you will pay substantially more than if you buy them elsewhere.

If you don't know how; or don't want to install them yourself, just purchase them at any auto parts store and they will install them for free. Here's a video showing removal and installation if you are concerned: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOINRPi1d40

You'll need a 26" for the driver side and a 21" for the passenger side. I would suggest getting Euro Style (Frameless) as they seem to put more pressure on the windshield. The Euro Style is like the replacement wiper in the above referenced video, most manufacturers make them now.

I typically buy the Goodyear Assurance or Hybrid when Costco has them on sale for $6 or $7 a piece. They are typically $9 or $10 otherwise. I've no complaints with them.

If you still want to buy from the Honda dealer, just ask for a 26" and 21" inch blade and they will get them for you. No need for a part number.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Acura does not make wiper blades, so there may not be an OEM number. I am sure that if you buy wiper blades from the dealer, you will pay substantially more than if you buy them elsewhere.

If you don't know how; or don't want to install them yourself, just purchase them at any auto parts store and they will install them for free. Here's a video showing removal and installation if you are concerned: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOINRPi1d40

You'll need a 26" for the driver side and a 21" for the passenger side. I would suggest getting Euro Style (Frameless) as they seem to put more pressure on the windshield. The Euro Style is like the replacement wiper in the above referenced video, most manufacturers make them now.

I typically buy the Goodyear Assurance or Hybrid when Costco has them on sale for $6 or $7 a piece. They are typically $9 or $10 otherwise. I've no complaints with them.

If you still want to buy from the Honda dealer, just ask for a 26" and 21" inch blade and they will get them for you. No need for a part number.
:headshake DO NOT listen to this guy. Honda makes inserts that are extremely cheap and you maintain the factory wiper arm which perform quite well. The front inserts are part #'s 76622-S30-003 and 76622-SDA-A01. The rear insert is 7622-S50-003. You can get all three for around $15.

If by chance you've thrown out the factory wiper arm, you can buy new ones and then go back to just replacing inserts. Fronts are 76620-SHJ-A01 and 76630-S3V-A11. Rear is 76730-S3N-003. Those run about $40 but include the inserts.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
if he still has the old wiper, it is better to just a new wiper inserts. if he no longer has the wiper, better to get new ones from costco etc.

·
Registered
82 Posts
:headshake DO NOT listen to this guy. Honda makes inserts that are extremely cheap and you maintain the factory wiper arm which perform quite well. The front inserts are part #'s 76622-S30-003 and 76622-SDA-A01. The rear insert is 7622-S50-003. You can get all three for around $15.

If by chance you've thrown out the factory wiper arm, you can buy new ones and then go back to just replacing inserts. Fronts are 76620-SHJ-A01 and 76630-S3V-A11. Rear is 76730-S3N-003. Those run about $40 but include the inserts.
What was incorrect in my post that I should not be listened to? I said there may not be an OEM number, not that there wasn't a number. The OP asked about wipers, not inserts. All the information I provided was accurate.

I knew that Honda would offer a wiper, but didn't know about the inserts. (S)he can buy the inserts here WIPERINSERTKIT-MDX | Acura Front Windshield Wiper Inserts (MDX) - Bernardi Parts

Personally, I wouldn't get the inserts, as the factory arm did not do a good job in my opinion, at least on my 2010.

You are correct though with them being cheap. I'm surprised they are only $9 total for the pair of inserts.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
bernardi always has fantastic price, but then screw people by high shipping cost. better get it from local honda dealer.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Autozone many brands cheap and they install it for you free done deal no stealership visits no salesman harrasing you to trade it in for a new one because you need vipers

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got 69k miles on the oem wiper (blades) and live in the north east, that ain't bad in my humble opinion.
I can install them myself.
Thanks for the part #'s Skinny2

·
Registered
170 Posts
+1 for changing inserts from Honda dealership. Been using it for past six years and still impressed with performance as they get changed every year and good value.

·
Registered
24 Posts
My 2010 (that I got three weeks ago) has Bosch arms, dunno about the inserts. They work well (though fast isn't fast enough).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts