Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a set of Acura Winter Mats for my MDX, and I am not too impressed. They seem very shallow (won't hold too much snow/rain/slush) and they do not do a very good job of covering the floor, and mainly the driver's footrest. For $231.00 Cdn plus tax, I'm going to look elsewhere. Any suggestions?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
359 Posts
mats

Try McNiels. I think that is thier name. ( mat.com???) Look towards rear of auto magazines. Ads are there. I have them for my car now and like the channels for holding melted snow. If you get them, please let me know how they fit. Pics would be great if you can do!
Good Luck- can't wait till ours comes in!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19 Posts
I have the WeatherTech mats that I purchased from MacNeil for my MDX. They are very nice and I have had the weathertech in several other vehicles that I've owned. They are very nice and are very easy to clean up.

I recommend them.

- Dustin
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
608 Posts
Blackberry,

I purchased the ACURA floor mats from the dealer; made him an offer of $200 CDN, tax included, which he accepted. I bought them because they match the design on the bumper guard and the cargo tray, which I also bought (guess I'm a sucker for uniformity). I agree that they do not seem as adept at holding water, slush, etc. as some other mats, esp. those you can buy at Canadian Tire for much less. Will have to wait 'til next Nov. to test that theory, though, since the snow has disappeared here!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
221 Posts
I bought the ACURA mats back in January from Tim before I received my MDX. I too liked them because they matched the cargo tray (also from Tim) and rear bumper.

I took them to the snow over the winter and they performed fine in both the front and back. We had our share of snow on them and no problems. Now, It's seems that you need to get a fair amount of water/snow in them to have them overflow.

But, I have also had WeatherTech Mats in previous cars and they also work well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
I puchased winter mats from McNeils's (sp?) for the front only. They cost a little over $50 U.S. and are great. The have very deep channels to hold all the upstate NY snow and provide excellent coverage.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
96 Posts
I too have been using mats from McNeil Automotive for years... previous Lexus, current Honda Odyssey, Cr-V, and now my Mesa Beige MDX/Touring/Navi... they're great!!! I use front only, since rear seats don't get that much use!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
71 Posts
The one thing that convinced me to get the WeatherTech mats from MacNeil is that their front mats cover much better than the Acura mats. It covers the left footrest area, which the Acura mat curiously leaves uncovered, where water and dirt can accumulate or go under the other areas.

I have both front and back set and they're very good.

-t
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,443 Posts
Try Tim

Blackberry,
I purchased All Weather Mats from Tim at HondAcuraWorld for $93 US delivered to my house. At an exchange rate of .6498 US$/Cdn$ this equates to about $143 Cdn. Mats look and work great but haven't had them in snow yet. For other Candian members, it might pay to drive to Buffalo and pick them up yourself.:D:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
I just got my Emerald Pearl Base MDX. It looks like the Acura all weather floor mats are black. Do they come in a color that will match saddle interiors?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
42 Posts
tanspace said:
The one thing that convinced me to get the WeatherTech mats from MacNeil is that their front mats cover much better than the Acura mats. It covers the left footrest area, which the Acura mat curiously leaves uncovered, where water and dirt can accumulate or go under the other areas.

I have both front and back set and they're very good.

-t
It will be nice to see some pics.

Do you need to do some cutting on the mcneil mats?

I have a saddle interior and planning to get one from McNeil as well since Tim only has it in black.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
137 Posts
relsah said:
tanspace said:
The one thing that convinced me to get the WeatherTech mats from MacNeil is that their front mats cover much better than the Acura mats. It covers the left footrest area, which the Acura mat curiously leaves uncovered, where water and dirt can accumulate or go under the other areas.

I have both front and back set and they're very good.

-t
It will be nice to see some pics.

Do you need to do some cutting on the mcneil mats?

I have a saddle interior and planning to get one from McNeil as well since Tim only has it in black.
I just placed the black Mcneil weathermats in the front and rear seats of my GG touring/Navi. The front mats are a near perfect fit. The rear mats are too long. I'm too lazy to cut, so I just have them bent up along the rear passenger floor panel upon which the seats rest and the remainder tucked under the front seats. It doesn't appear to be in the way.

I'm wondering is there any mat protection for the center portion of the carpet (rear center seat)?

Thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
359 Posts
rear mats

I just called McNeils and the rep indicated that the rear mats overlap in the middle. You indicated that yours don't. Is there a gap in the middle with yours? I know the ones I have for my car don't go over the hump in the middle, but this is flat, correct?

Also, did you buy the rear cargo "tray?" I like the Acura with the cutouts for the net, but when I talked with Mcneil', they said you could just cut a hole. I prefer Acura's - I think, but I'd like to get tan. Tough choice.

Anyone else have info on the cargo tray??

TIA
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
78 Posts
I got the Husky brand rear tray beacause it comes in tan, but is otherwise similar to the Acura tray. I also got the Husky front & rear mats. The rear mats (2 pieces) overlap in the middle and cover completely. The front mats are better than Acura's in that they cover the left foot rest area, but are about 2" narrower than the flat floor area on each side in front. Do the McNeill mats cover this area completely?
The Husky tan cover goes really well with the saddle interior.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
42 Posts
obeejr said:
I got the Husky brand rear tray beacause it comes in tan, but is otherwise similar to the Acura tray. I also got the Husky front & rear mats. The rear mats (2 pieces) overlap in the middle and cover completely. The front mats are better than Acura's in that they cover the left foot rest area, but are about 2" narrower than the flat floor area on each side in front. Do the McNeill mats cover this area completely?
The Husky tan cover goes really well with the saddle interior.

Where did you get your Husky mats and for how much?

Any picture of them?

Thanks

Mahogany rocks !!!
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top