Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted a question about this service a week or so ago, so I thought I would post my impression about it now that I have received the mapping service.

I am leaving soon for a trip from my home in NE Tennessee to Austin, Texas. While I already knew the route I would take, I still thought it would be interesting to see what the Acura Trip Mapping Service looked like.

I received the package yesterday. I have to say I was impressed. It had the trip mapped out, with turns and directions, plus the route lined out on several pages of maps of the areas I would be driving through. What I was most impressed by was they also sent three brand new roadmaps of the areas I was driving.

It also listed the acura dealers along my route, plus attractions. Also included was a book of Acura preferred hotels, with discounted rates for Acura owners.

Overall I was very impressed with the service. I consider it to be a very good service for those who are going on extended trips. You want to allow 10 days to receive it, as it is customized for the specific trip.

This is a nice touch for Acura owners.

MIKEinTN

·
Registered
81 Posts
Thanks for the report! That's one of those Acura "Total Luxury Care" benefits that I never think of using. Maybe I will in the future, based on your good results. :)

·
Registered
79 Posts
Thanks MIKEinTN for this most useful information. It is also timely, since vacation time is approaching. It is good to know that the Mapping Service provides such detail.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I also was going to post my update after I received ordered trip packages, as I promised in my post in initial thread, but got an impression that it was not a 'hot' topic...
Anyway, I was prepared to see what I got since I used similar service from AAA, and, generally, I was not mistaken: I got pretty detail directions mentioning constructions and maps. The only thing(in my opinion) is missing there is the information what hotels are along the route. I understand that Navi will show me all this, but having that on the map would help planning the trip. Hotels directory is very general and does not reflect what hotels will be on my way and where. I will probably call and ask them if they can update me with this info. I'm just worried they'd send me third package (for direct and scenic routes I got 2 separate packages duplicating maps and hotel directory).

·
Registered
87 Posts
We'll look for you!

MIKEinTN said:

I am leaving soon for a trip from my home in NE Tennessee to Austin, Texas. While I already knew the route I would take, I still thought it would be interesting to see what the Acura Trip Mapping Service looked like.

MIKEinTN
If you're going to be making the trip this weekend, keep you eyes open for a RR touring. We will be going from Jackson to Waco. We'll watch fo a Black with TN tags. (Of course, we always notice any MDX on the roads, but we don't usually wave and honk at them.:cool: )

- Conrad

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
How and where can we request this service?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Trip Service

When you take delivery of your Acura, you are given several booklets with your owner's manual. One of them is the Acura Owners Service. The booklet describes the services available to Acura owners via this service.

I think it is a nice touch for Acura owners, especially the 24 hour roadside assistance feature.

MIKEinTN

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Trip/Map Routine Services

I will be waiting for mine maps as well. It is good to know the services give you some good places to stay around, but I also find out they only give you city to city routine. :( I think it is a disadvantage that they couldn't provide the customer a detail routine, but at least I don't need to pay $50 for AAA. :D

Yes, the service person told me it will take 7 to 10 days to receive the maps.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts