Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I couldn't find this info anywhere else, and my dealer is closed today. I know someone is bound to have a TL.

I have a TL loaner and it's tires seem awfuly low on air. Anyone know the recommended tire pressure on a TL? I wouldn't really care if I were turning it back in tommorrow, but I am going to probably have it for a while yet.

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
Info should be on the driver's door jamb, on a sticker along w/the VIN and other info.

·
Registered
44 Posts
32 PSI when tires are cold but...

The dealer always puts the pressure a bit too low for the TL.. they do that with mine when I take it in for service.. sometimes even 31 PSI :mad: the reason why the psi is that way is to give owners the cushy "luxury" ride feeling...

but the real reason why it looks so low is because of the sucky stock tires 205/60/16 on the 6.5 wide wheel..

the 60 aspect ratio makes the sidewall really tall, and allows more flex so it actually looks like it buldges out and makes it look flat.. :(
Not only that, but when turning, it causes the tires to squeal like a pig..

I have been putting 34 PSI on my stock tires I have been getting better performance out of the tires and consistantly better gas milage.. the ride quality is the same..

if you have any other questions about the TL, let me know.. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
Edub-MDX
Acura MDX SUV Forums
Acura MDXers Forum - a community where enthusiasts discuss engines, tires, service and everything you need to know about the MDX!
Full Forum Listing