Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on the way home from work i saw an old Acura SLX SUV kinda looks like the Mitsubishi Montero...totally suprised! Have anyone ever seen one? I thought the MDX was first and only SUV accura had ever made.

·
Registered
285 Posts
that's a re-badged isuzu trooper...

it's been there for years and acura finally pulled the plug on that model a couple of year ago...

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
The MDX is the first SUV ...

... that Acura designed from the ground up. The old SLX was just to jump on the SUV bandwagon as soon as possible.

·
Registered
50 Posts
SLX and Trooper both suffered from rollover problems originally disclosed/found by Consumer Reports I believe...after that story broke, you couldn't give away an SLX.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Acura sold the Isuzu Trooper as the SLX.

Honda sold the Isuzu Rodeo as the Passport.

Both resulted in many unhappy customers. Those with the abolutely worst opinions of them seem to be the mechanics that worked on them. I can't "quote" the opinions without high risk of being barred from the site.

We have some personal experience, owned a 1999 HONDA Passport. Honda eventually traded it out for us (very ugly experience).

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
Not the coolist looking SUV

Attachments

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
And IMHO, the picture IS the best part!!

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Hi All:

___OOOhhh baby, look at those lines :16:

___I always did want to use the vomit guy but never really found the right thread to apply it ... that is until this one ;)

___Good Luck
___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___[email protected]

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
xcel said:
Hi All:

___OOOhhh baby, look at those lines :16:

___I always did want to use the vomit guy but never really found the right thread to apply it ... that is until this one ;)

___Good Luck
___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___[email protected]
It's funny, I saw one on the local freeway the other day, it was kind of an off-white cream color. It got my attention because it was in such good shape, all polished, with chrome sparkling. Looked like the owner was really proud of it.
What do they say about one man's garbage is another man's treasure?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Oh, come on guys. I'm not gonna say anything about Rodeo, but Trooper is a great SUV. I've had 3 of them in the past (at the different time). As a matter of fact I just sold '94 Trooper a day before I picked up my 2003 last week. They are very reliable old fashioned trucks. I've leased 1997 Trooper and had it for 3 years and nothing ever broke or went wrong. They did get bed rep from Consumer Report and Isuzu sued the magazine and won the lawsuit a few years later but it was to late to bring back the good word. Also 2002 was the last year for Trooper, the next year Isuzu brings Trailblazer (GM) as re-badged something (can't remember the name). The one thing that is terrible with Trooper is a resale value. But right now you can buy the new 02 Trooper LS (everything but leather) with MSRP of 33,000 for 25,500. How's that?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Trooper

Right! You guys are such Poseurs! Hey, I like my MDX (or should I say for my wife), but I also had an old trooper for my winter beater/hunting vehicle and it was GREAT! Never broke, never got stuck, and was awesome off-road. I now have a V8 Grand Cherokee Limited (WJ) and I like driving it equally with my MDX (just different, but NO contest off-road).

Try this in an any MDX!

Attachments

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
You mean "Godzilla" LOL
:2: :21:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts