Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, now I have 4 key fobs - two #1s and two #2s. All 4 unlock and start let me start the car, which is cool.

Do you guys know if the duplicate driver 1 and driver 2 fobs map will activate the corresponding driver 1 and driver 2 settings.

By the way, for anyone considering adding remote start, it does work very well, but the remote start fobs are a LOT bigger and heavier than the standard ones.

·
Registered
63 Posts
So, now I have 4 key fobs - two #1s and two #2s. All 4 unlock and start let me start the car, which is cool.

Do you guys know if the duplicate driver 1 and driver 2 fobs map will activate the corresponding driver 1 and driver 2 settings.

By the way, for anyone considering adding remote start, it does work very well, but the remote start fobs are a LOT bigger and heavier than the standard ones.
Yes, both #1 fobs will activate the driver 1 settings. Enjoy, it is a nice feature in the winter and summer. I just have no idea why it is not a standard feature for a car of this value and quality.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Yes I love this remote start feature, not like any after market systems as it also heats / ventilates seats and sets the climate according to the outside temperature. Plus the range is impressive - I started my car from inside the shopping mall couple hundred meters (x3 feet's) away. And it blinks green to acknowledge. Key fob is a bit large but not too bad.

·
Registered
316 Posts

What do you mean, "it does not work very well"?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I typed that it DOES work very well. The fobs are pretty darn big and heavy compared to the standard fobs tho...

·
Registered
132 Posts
We were going to add remote start to our 2016 AWD Tech but the added cost and the giant fobs swayed us a bit.

I still would rather have it, but for those that opted not to, if you hold down the unlock button, the windows and sunroof will open to let out the hot air. If there's open space, you can do the same thing with the tailgate.

We live in SoCal, so letting out hot air is of more concern that keeping it in during the winter months.

My wife's been doing this and so far, it's a decent secondary option. If anything, the price is right :D

·
Registered
29 Posts
I paid 399 installed with two fobs. I thought it was a pretty good deal and well worth it, especially in this miami heat.

I stil use the fob to open windows and it's also very useful . However, Is there any way to close all windows or is it done manually?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts