Registered
6,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thought you guys and gals would like to see a new concept car from acura:D

Attachments

·
Registered
194 Posts
If it were up to me I would have taken the CR-V given it a facelift and a power boost, then implanted more luxury items instead of doing what they did and go where no man has gone before.

THe RDX looks like a mistake ... and a bad one at that! The Pilot's styling is looking rather fetching when comparied to that outlandish concept vehicle.

J

·
0 Posts
The RDX looks like a crash test vehicle that they just couldn't quite get stretched out to its original shape. They've got to be kidding!

·
Registered
143 Posts
....when Pontiac fired the person that designed the Aztek :eek: , it wasn't in Acura's best interest to bring him/her on board! LOL!:p

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
And............

charlieinnj said:
....when Pontiac fired the person that designed the Aztek :eek: , it wasn't in Acura's best interest to bring him/her on board! LOL!:p
I hope they don't do the same with the person that Lexus will be - hopefully - soon firing for designing the ES 300 :D :D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
I soooooooooo totally agree with you!!!!

MK23666 said:
If it were up to me I would have taken the CR-V given it a facelift and a power boost, then implanted more luxury items instead of doing what they did and go where no man has gone before. THe RDX looks like a mistake ... and a bad one at that! The Pilot's styling is looking rather fetching when comparied to that outlandish concept vehicle.
If they'd just taken the CR-V, given it a small styling facelift and added:

The VTM-4 4WD system (same as in MDX)
A nice small capacity (say 2.5 - 2.7L V6 with around 200-210bhp)
Leather
A premium sound system a la....MDX
5-speed transmission
The EXCELLENT ACURA NAVI
climate controlled Air conditioning
and heated seats
and priced it around 30-32K fully loaded

I would be heading to the dealership right now to put a deposit down for one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just don't understand what kind of point these people with IQs of 20 are trying to make.........I'm sorry, but the RDX looks like it would be more at home on the moon or maybe on mars

Why don't these people understand that most of us do not want FUTURISTIC-LOOKING, space mobiles - just clean, modern, aerodynamic, stylish elegant, attractive shapes!!! with refinement, luxury, comfort and performance..........They keep repeating the SAME MISTAKES over and over and over again!!!!....Every time a company has come out with something like this it's been a miserable failure.............AND WHAT'S WITH THE GLASS ROOF It's supposed to have????????? I certainly do not want glass over my head..........Anyways.......whatever :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
What a dam dissapointment!!!!

paul123 said:
thought you guys and gals would like to see a new concept car from acura:D
Just when I thought Acura has the car just right for me....a smaller scaled-down replica of the MDX they come up with this THING (for lack of a better description) ???????????? :mad: :mad: :mad:

Oh well!..... looks like I'm going to be right on target with my plans to purchase the Lexus GX 470!!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Sheesh, gang... It's a CONCEPT CAR. It's supposed to be an over-the-top design study, to provoke thought and maybe introduce a couple of ideas that MAY eventually make it, in some vastly modified form, into a production car years down the road. It doesn't mean they aren't going to produce the boring ol' pseudo-CRV you want or anything like that!

I feel this concept reveals some interesting ideas regarding visibility, door handles, wheels, and taillights. It also advances a trend we're seeing in recent concepts from several makers towards sports-car-like 4WD vehicles that have real ground clearance and can go offroad. (Let's face it, current SUVs are much more Utility than Sport). Even Porsche has produced a concept along these lines. It may not be the thing for you or me, but this genre is going to happen. Acura needs to produce concepts like this to be a part of it.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
I agree with ZRODFX-

God...freakin relax doooode....Take a freakin quaalude!!!

Its a FREAKIN Concept with FREAKIN expensive IDEAS with FREAKIN marketing hype that FREAKIN gets us excited or PISSED off like some of you so they can FREAKIN build an RDX that FREAKIN appease to the majority of the FREAKIN automobile buyers in this FREAKIN world.

Shhheeeesh. Now you pissed off people are freakin making my blood boil. I need to freakin get a couple of stiff drinks. LATERS!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Friggin Concepts!

Actually the frigg'n reports I have been reading seems to say that the frigg'n "CONCEPT" is going to be the frigg'n "VEHICLE" you will see on the frigg'n lots.
Remember the frigg'n MDX? :)
Consider the frigg'n PILOT? :p
Remember the frigg'n AZTEC? :D
Remember the frigg'n PT CRUISER? :eek:
Consider the frigg'n THUNDERBIRD?
Remember the ... okay I guess you get the frigg'n point. :rolleyes:

The recent trend has been that the "concept" makes it to "production" with only minor exterior work ans somewhat subdued interior styling.

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
concept car

what's wrong with you people didn't you go to school. don't you know how to speak the english language correctly. maybe you just don't know how to spell. it's only a concept car and even if it hits the market i'm sure they will still have a great line of suv's and cars. calm down and don't be so critical of the new idea's for the 21st century:D :D

·
Registered
353 Posts

·
Registered
880 Posts
bobq said:
Here is more info http://www.detnews.com/2004/autosinsider/0412/17/C01-35666.htm

Base around $36K and available in 2006!
bobq, you are quoting the base price of an MDX! :D Read the article carefully again. One can safely assume that the pricing will be at least $2000 less than BMW, putting the RD-X in the vicinity of $28k. And, if you see a price label on the car anywhere they are guessing at best because it won't be released by Acura until its marketed.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Re: concept car

Pauls MDX said:
what's wrong with you people didn't you go to school. don't you know how to speak the english language correctly. maybe you just don't know how to spell. it's only a concept car and even if it hits the market i'm sure they will still have a great line of suv's and cars. calm down and don't be so critical of the new idea's for the 21st century:D :D
What's wrong with you people? Didn't you go to school? Don't you know how to speak the English language correctly? Maybe you just don't know how to spell. It's only a concept car, and, even if it hits the market, I'm sure they will still have a great line of SUVs and cars. Calm down and don't be so critical of the new ideas for the 21st century.

Hmmmm... 15 errors from a guy who chastises us for not knowing the English language. Have you ever heard of the pot calling the kettle black?

·
Registered
608 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
About this Discussion
17 Replies
13 Participants
Pierre
Acura MDX SUV Forums
Acura MDXers Forum - a community where enthusiasts discuss engines, tires, service and everything you need to know about the MDX!
Full Forum Listing