Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I saw a post stating that Acura had a factory pinstripe set for the mdx with the Acura logo in part of the stripe (like under the rear-view mirror or something? I have not seen any pics of such an accessory or any pinstripe for that matter.

Can anyone speak to the availability and what it looks like?

2002 GG due February

·
Registered
33 Posts
Acura Logo Pinstripe

Here's a picture of the pinstripe with the logo. I'm not too much of a fan of pinstripes, but my wife wanted it, and I think it looks pretty good after all. Let me know if you want any more information or a different picture.

-Aaron

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
Aaron,

Could you please post a full side shot of your Redrock?

Also, I f you don't mind me asking, how much did your dealer charge to install the stripes?

Thank You:)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks

Aaron:

I appreciate your reply and pic! I think it looks good and I will probably do it to mine when it arrives. What was the price?

Skizzerinkus

2002 GG due in February

·
Registered
3,761 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Here's a side view. I'm not sure it shows the pinstripe too well.

I don't really know what I paid for it. It may have been part of the "protection package" that cost me around $200.

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
Man, that red looks much redder close up and with the flash! Nice looking MDX.

The Acura dealer in Milwaukee has a pinstripe guy named Sid. He hand paints the pinstripe on and it looks fantastic. It's a $295 option, which is admittedly a little pricey.

When I asked the sales guy if I needed to pick a color, he said they usually let Sid choose it unless I had a strong preference. I said OK and he did the top stripe dark blue and bottom stripe gray on my Silver MDX. It turned out great!

·
Registered
102 Posts
My dealer wanted $195 for a painted on pin stripe which I tought was way too high. I had mine done at a local sign shop for $75. Even got to play around with paint colors and was able to choose from about 12 different stripe formats.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Steve said:
My dealer wanted $195 for a painted on pin stripe which I tought was way too high. I had mine done at a local sign shop for $75. Even got to play around with paint colors and was able to choose from about 12 different stripe formats.

I guess the price one pays can vary. I was at the Pompono Beach, FL dealership getting my initial oil change and I saw an MDX that was just pin-stripped by a 3rd party who comes to the dealership each week. It was painted and looked great - was only $40.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Hi - my base MDX looked a little plain, so we decided to take up the dealer's offer to add the stripes. We went with gold on white - and they look great! It really added to the car. (I later added the door molding which also helped. The price to have the dealer put them on? . . . . FREE. I wouldn't have paid more than $25 before seeing them, and wouldn't have paid more than $50 now that I have seen them.

Next, I'm thinking about chrome side steps. I'd do the running boards if they came in white, but know that chrome will look awesome!

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
elf89,

Any pics to share?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Pinstripe

I have a Granite Green Due to arrive in March ordered Dec 1
Open to suggestions on color of pinstripe for GG. Photo would help. BTW DID YOU GUYS KNOW GG WILL BE DISCONTINUED IN 03
I heard from 2 different sources.
Thanks

2002 MDX GG. Rear Spoiler (painted), Burl shifter, All weather mats, thanks Tim. Rear mudflaps, Sliver star Bulbs (all 6). Maybe Exoticwood dressup.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts