Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's another thumbs-up for Acura of Pasadena. No markup, no obligatory accessories, no pressure or sleazeball tactics. The sales rep I dealt with is Nelson vanSant who is the Internet Sales Manager. He can be reached at [email protected]

He informed us of what was available for the upcoming delivery (4-6 weeks), at which point they require a $1,500 deposit, and they assign you the VIN so you know it's yours.

BTW, we experienced the same problem reported by the other poster when we tried dealing with Keyes Acura (e.g. "When the car comes in, we'll sell it to you IF you meet our inflated, over-optioned price"). Acura 101 wasn't too forthcoming either, telling me in essence, "Don't call us, we'll call you." The internet manager at South Coast Acura wanted to sell me a black MDX with 70 demo miles for MSRP but loaded to the gunwales with options (which he offered to me at dealer cost).

Good luck, and good hunting.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I didn't have the same positive experience with Pasadena. Two other friends told me of the same.
They called their gouging the "Pasadena Package," which inlcudes wood steering, dash, and shift knob."
They would not take a deposit from me until I gave them a full credit app. If others do not have the same bad experience, then it was probably I didn't show up at the dealer in my 3-piece suit!

By the way, we drove up in a fairly new Lexus LS400, not a beat-up pickup truck.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I continue to have great service from this dealer! Xiomae was my sales rep and she took me on several long test drives, never pressured me and was happy to answer all my questions. (I was dressed in shorts and a t-shirt most of the time;-) While they took the credit app with the deposit I understand why, they don’t want people just putting a deposits randomly, they want serious buyers. The "Pasadena package" I did not get because I did not want those items, I paid MSRP and got a great lease rate. The service department has been TOP NOTCH in all my questions and service!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I agree with Toml's regarding Acura of Pasadena. I received no pressure to purchase add-on accessories. They have been very responsive and continue to be responsive after the sale.

So far, I have also had a good experience with the service department.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Picked up our '02 Redrock Pearl, non-touring with nav, at Pasadena Acura today. MSRP with no forced options, as promised. Our dealing with them all the through was top notch. They would not accept a deposit until the car we wanted showed up in their list of incoming cars. And the car arrived very close to the promised date. We basically got our car in about 2.5 (or was it 2) months after we first visited the dealer. We did end up getting the Finishing Touch. It sounded good, and necessary with our kids around.

We originally worked with Dave, but he left. Today, Michelle helped us. She was very thorough and professional, despite the fact that our two little kids screamed and spilled water on the floor.

Strongly recommended!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
5 Participants
robert99b
Acura MDX SUV Forums
Acura MDXers Forum - a community where enthusiasts discuss engines, tires, service and everything you need to know about the MDX!
Full Forum Listing