Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am looking to purchase a 3 row SUV in a few months. This is the first car that I will be purchasing and a massive upgrade from what I'm currently driving. I'm a bit torn between the MDX and the Highlander. Toyota Highlanders would be $10-15k less expensive all around (not including being able to use regular fuel). Leaning towards the MDX due to some additional luxuries. I would drive this car for at least 10 years or more.
I found a CPO 2015 Acura MDX, FWD, 36k miles, bench seat, Advance Package, and Entertainment Package for $38,000. A brand new MDX with the advance package, entertainment package, and captain seats and console is around $55,00 word counter VidMate Mobdro 0.
Is this a good deal? Any input on brand reliability and experience with Acuras and Toyotas? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
IMO no comparison here.

Highlander is going to be a much more comfortable ride (it's super soft), it's roomier inside, the sitting position is also higher, the car is more affordable and likely more reliable in the long run (remember, manufacturer #1 in the world).

MDX is going to be definitely much more fun and sportier to drive and it's more sylish.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Not sure how much the Advance package is worth to you, given that many of the upgrades are things most people don’t use or need. I paid $38k for a 2019 Tech with only 7k miles in pristine condition after a six-month lease relinquish. If you’ll really use the roof rack, ventilated seats (many don’t like as it feels “wet”) and other accoutrements, then it might be worth it. If not, getting one with the Tech pkg brings you closer in line with the equivalent Highlander price. Food for thought.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Frankly, the MDX doesn't compare quality-wise. Honda has had some significant quality problems that have plagued it in recent years and the Acura division is no exception. In particular, you don't want any MDX with the ZF9 speed transmission. Having owned an absolutely flawless 2016 Highlander just prior to the MDX, I'd gladly turn the keys back in to my lemon MDX if I could have it back.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I would highly recommend the Toyota. If you do go with the Acura MDX, don't even think about it without an extended warranty. You can't afford the major repairs and the mickey mouse problems without an EW. I have never seen a vehicle with as many problems as the MDX. It's a shame.....a damn shame. I have them both. The MDX will never hold up to a Toyota. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
172 Posts
My exact point of all the mickey mouse problems.......

1 - 7 of 7 Posts