Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, My car is 2008 MDX with advance package. This car already equip with Power Tailgate, but there is onething i did not satisfie is that, The trunk cannot open automatically when i open it by hand, i means when i need to open it without pressing on key, i need to use hand to lift the trunk up. Why the power tailgate did not automatic open? Any idea to improve it? thanks so much :grin:

·
Registered
350 Posts
Hello, My car is 2008 MDX with advance package. This car already equip with Power Tailgate, but there is onething i did not satisfie is that, The trunk cannot open automatically when i open it by hand, i means when i need to open it without pressing on key, i need to use hand to lift the trunk up. Why the power tailgate did not automatic open? Any idea to improve it? thanks so much :grin:

Same in ‘09. I believe that’s the design. The only way to power up is with interior button or fob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
The 3rd gen will power-open when activating on the exterior pad.

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
Never understood the point in having the tailgate open up automatically when touching the exterior pad, You are already there just open the damn thing already! the auto-function is 100% slower than your hand when you are in front of it.

The auto-opening function is neat when you are far from the car so in the way to it the tailgate is already open.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes I Know it about Car design, but just ask anyway to improve it, because i want to install kick trunk on it car, i can kick for close ( because close automatic), but cannot open automatic because exterior pad did not have function of auto open

·
Registered
727 Posts
Never understood the point in having the tailgate open up automatically when touching the exterior pad, You are already there just open the damn thing already! the auto-function is 100% slower than your hand when you are in front of it.

The auto-opening function is neat when you are far from the car so in the way to it the tailgate is already open.
Agree 100%

·
Registered
1,952 Posts

Meh, I find it convenient when I'm holding something heavy/bulky... I can balance the item and quickly tap the pad then go back to holding the item while the tailgate opens.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I agree, I can open my first gen mdx tailgate in like 2 seconds as it flings right open while a person next to me is twisting their body sideways to get in the cargo while the door is still opening but it is handy to just push a button. Also closing the cargo is a pain with one hand..

It would be nice to have a hybrid of both methods where you can open it manually from the door itself and not have to wait...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.