Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Suppose someone wants to save the hassle of removing everything, what is the tools and skills needed to press out/in the BJ right on the spot? Even if the tool costs $200, it still seems to be a worthwhile purchase. You can recover all the cost from the 1st use! Thanks for any ideas and advice!

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't think you can use a regular pressing tool (you can rent for free btw) to repress a ball joint into aluminium control arm such as this one. From my understanding it's not exactly a pressing out / pressing in for this case, it might require machining. At $165 for a complete new arm it's not worth the hassle, IMHO.

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
I don't think you can use a regular pressing tool (you can rent for free btw) to repress a ball joint into aluminium control arm such as this one. From my understanding it's not exactly a pressing out / pressing in for this case, it might require machining. At $165 for a complete new arm it's not worth the hassle, IMHO.
Did you save the old LC in case you will figure out how to replace the bushing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Did you see any deterioration on the other bushings on the LC beside at the the ball joint?
No, they both looked fine to me, no cracks. The ball joint seems to be stressed the most, which makes sense.

It also sucks that you can't return the original LCA as a core on Rockauto to further get the price down, though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts