Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
I always enjoy his videos. They are both well done and informative. I recently replaced both low beam headlight bulbs and his video on the subject really helped out.

Going to have to try this. I've painted the MDX grille twice in the year I've owned it but am looking for something more durable and chip resistant. First time was with a dark gray metallic Duplicolor. Intent was to tie in the color of the grille with the dark gray front bumper insert. It came out good but didn't last because I sanded but didn't prime the surface, and the paint peeled off quickly. The second time I used metallic black Duplicolor. I sanded off the old paint and then primed the surface. The paint has held up much better but has still received a significant number of stone chips.

Reactions: RainGoat

·
Registered
187 Posts
I always enjoy his videos. They are both well done and informative. I recently replaced both low beam headlight bulbs and his video on the subject really helped out.

Going to have to try this. I've painted the MDX grille twice in the year I've owned it but am looking for something more durable and chip resistant. First time was with a dark gray metallic Duplicolor. Intent was to tie in the color of the grille with the dark gray front bumper insert. It came out good but didn't last because I sanded but didn't prime the surface, and the paint peeled off quickly. The second time I used metallic black Duplicolor. I sanded off the old paint and then primed the surface. The paint has held up much better but has still received a significant number of stone chips.

Make sure to air clear coat it several times to make it shinyyy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I always enjoy his videos. They are both well done and informative.
Thank you! That's what I'm aiming at. I recently replaced both low beam headlight bulbs and his video on the subject really helped out.

I've painted the MDX grille twice in the year I've owned it but am looking for something more durable and chip resistant.
Great thing about it is that you can easily redo this without much hassle - did you see how easy it is peeling off? And that's after 4 years! You can also put more coats to make it more durable.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts