Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I brought this for my son's stocking stuffer. They're selling it at KB toys for $2.50. I've found one on Ebay selling for around $6.45.

I'm picking up my 2002 Redrock Pearl tomorrow. I can't wait to take it out for a spin.

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
I understand that they are selling these at west coast KB's for $2002.50. But there are no forced options.

·
Registered
747 Posts
No luck, VA Tech Hokie...MSRP or more is the best they'll sell for. As you'll notice in the picture, Acura has stepped up production of the DeLorean door. The doors flip straight up (or fall off) for convenience.

BTW, mine came with 4 titanium plated phillips screws on the underside for extra sturdiness in the hands of young kids.

Rob :cool:

·
Registered
184 Posts
Where Can I Get The Diecast?

Any good websites where I can purchase the diecast?
Based upon the position of the racks, it looks like a 2001.
Is there a 188 2002 Granite Green?

·
Registered
339 Posts
bdespain said:
My wife brought one home yesterday. She said she got it for $2 at Walmart. Ours is silver too. Maybe the only color?
Sure wish the real car can be purchased at WalMart price... :D :D :D

·
Registered
23 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Thanks Dawn.

Hmm, at the Acura site it is $7.65 and is claimed to be a "limited edition".

Is this the same item that everyone else is buying for $2-$2.50?

Are the wood grain base and clear cover "forced" accessories for $5.65 and the MSRP is really $2? :D ;) :p

I wonder if Tim sells these at a discount?

·
Registered
184 Posts
I forgot to mention the $5 Shipping fee.

$7.65 MDX Scale Model
$5.00 Shipping
$?.?? Tax

I think we should have all received one when we bought our MDXs.

$12.65 via the Internet or go to a toy store on Christmas Eve?

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
DIE CAST MDX SILVER

WAS ABLE TO GET ON EBAY FOR $3.95 AND $2.00 FOR SHIPPING ANYWHERE IN USA. HE ALSO HAS A WEBSITE WHERE SELLS FOR $5.00 AND $2.00 FOR SHIPPING AT WWW.TOYCRAZY.COM IF WANT TO BUY ANYTIME. CHECK OUT EBAY THEY ARE CHEAPER IF YOU BUY AT AUCTION AS OPPOSED TO REGULAR RETAIL PRICE HAVE A GREAT NEW YEAR EVERYBODY!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Apparently the one on Acura website is the same as the $2.50 diecast. Except it comes with a wood base that might push the price to around 8 bucks.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I have the same silver one but painted it black with factory Acura paint.

Will post pics.

Mush

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
mushman pic's looking forward to

mushman definitely post those pic's i was considering doing the same thing when i receive my silver one i wanted to paint black to match my vehicle:D

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Am looking for one of the Hallmark stores to have inventory...on the diecast. They usually have those cool diecast that has intricate details on them.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Painting the Diecast

What a great idea!
I just received some GG touch-up paint that I can use.
Now if only they had a 2002 model ...

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
acura's website

this one is pretty cool one on acura website www.store.acura.com a good one :D

Attachments

·
Registered
282 Posts
I posted pics of my painted diecast in the accessories section of this forum.

Takes patience but looks good.

Mush

·
Registered
452 Posts
Looks like there are two seperate die cast models. A 1/37 with front doors that open and a 1/43 from Maisto that has fixed doors. I have the Maisto that the dealer gave me when I picked up the car. Does walmart sell the 1/37 or 1/43?

Chris

·
Registered
312 Posts
Walmart's is a 1/36th. I bought it after seeing this post this morning. Only $1.99! :p

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
About this Discussion
27 Replies
16 Participants
Pauls MDX
Acura MDX SUV Forums
Acura MDXers Forum - a community where enthusiasts discuss engines, tires, service and everything you need to know about the MDX!
Full Forum Listing