Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Nice video. I use Acura/Honda OEM for all of those except front transfer case (I use Valvoline 80w-90 GL5) and brake fluid (I use Castrol GT LMA, now called just Castrol Dot 4). I actually didn't know they made a 80w-90 gear oil, interesting!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Good video. I plan on replacing all of these fluids this weekend. Maybe not the coolant. I'll need to watch a few more videos on that first.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice video. I use Acura/Honda OEM for all of those except front transfer case (I use Valvoline 80w-90 GL5) and brake fluid (I use Castrol GT LMA, now called just Castrol Dot 4). I actually didn't know they made a 80w-90 gear oil, interesting!
Thanks! Yeah, I would say the gear oil abd brake fluid are the least concern when it comes to substituting.

·
Registered
74 Posts

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Anyone has a link for that gear oil? It is seriously hard to find. I have been using Walmart Supertech 80w90 for a long time and everything is fine. I used OEM brake fluid a couple of times, but I have been using Autozone generic DOT 3 brake fluid for a while. Nothing went wrong. For coolant, ATF, differential fluid and PS fluid, I stick with OEM stuff.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts