Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!

I have an 2008 Acura MDX Tech Package. I'm looking to get a new stereo system - one that would allow me to have bluetooth audio, usb plug/play, and a few features the default radio doesn't offer. I could get a 2016 MDX too...that's always an option! :p

I guess my questions are:
- is it possible to swap out the radio in the MDX (due to the complexity)?
- is there anything specific I should know about (best brands, etc)?

Thanks for any insight you can offer!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hi Aaron,

I know it isn't comparable, but I did that on my '03. I went to Audio Express and picked out a Pioneer system that even plays DVDs. I'm extremely happy with it. It's much more intuitive than the blue tooth on my '08 tech. Plus...my grandkids LOVE the DVD player! I'd suggest you go talk to a good car audio shop for their suggestions. The whole set up on my 03 cost about $450.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Aaron,

I know it isn't comparable, but I did that on my '03. I went to Audio Express and picked out a Pioneer system that even plays DVDs. I'm extremely happy with it. It's much more intuitive than the blue tooth on my '08 tech. Plus...my grandkids LOVE the DVD player! I'd suggest you go talk to a good car audio shop for their suggestions. The whole set up on my 03 cost about $450.
Thanks for the reply! I'll definitely heed your advice and take it to an audio store.

I'll post here what I end up purchasing/doing!

Thanks once again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts