Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After getting home from work yesterday I opened Acura Link to confirm the doors were locked and I get 9 problems, all at the same time.

Anyone have any idea what is going on? Vehicle has operated without flaw except for a tire issue.

This am, upon starting, there were no error code or problems in the vehicle but Acura Link still shows the above 9 problems.

Looks like a trip to the dealer.

·
Registered
46 Posts
That is odd, and I would plan a trip to the dealer. Keep the screen shot handy so they can pull any error codes.

Yeah, you'll find that the AcuraLink software is horrible compared to other OEMs. It is so slow to respond, can't remotely start the vehicle (the RDX version does though) and can't tell you where the vehicle is unless it is parked and turned off. One funny thing I did find out about it, if you refresh the screen to get a status update on the vehicle while the vehicle is moving, you can see that the mileage changes, but no freaking idea where the vehicle is at during that time.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Only think I can think of is while stopping in my garage last night, I het the start/stop button BEFORE hitting the Park button. The engine stopped and automatically moved into the park mode. No errors inside the vehicle.

·
Registered
495 Posts
So here's the deal - I've seen this before. If you have the car in the "on" setting and the car isn't running (and all the dash warning lights are on) it sends all that info to AcuraLink and it looks like the sky is falling. You can reproduce this by getting in the car and hitting the start button without putting your foot on the brake. Sort of like when you had a key and put it in the start position without turning it to engage the starter. Anyway, it'll clear out after a few starts.....

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So here's the deal - I've seen this before. If you have the car in the "on" setting and the car isn't running (and all the dash warning lights are on) it sends all that info to AcuraLink and it looks like the sky is falling. You can reproduce this by getting in the car and hitting the start button without putting your foot on the brake. Sort of like when you had a key and put it in the start position without turning it to engage the starter. Anyway, it'll clear out after a few starts.....
Not so sure it will go away as I have started and stopped the vehicle 6-7 times today.

I called the Link people's support line and all she could suggest was rebooting my phone! LOL!

I called Acura and they said to run it by and they would access the "hidden" maint screen and erase all of them. They say that no harm will be done by hitting the start/Stop button before shifting to park unless the vehicle was in motion.

I will be going to the dealer after lunch.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
UPDATE: Dealer was stumped. They went into the maint/service screen and it showed no error code or messages.

He told me it must be the app and hopefully it will go away after a few days.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
You beat me to it. I’ve seen this also. It picks up the last time the car was turned off. All the warning lights being tested triggers all those messages.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Not so sure it will go away as I have started and stopped the vehicle 6-7 times today.

I called the Link people's support line and all she could suggest was rebooting my phone! LOL!

I called Acura and they said to run it by and they would access the "hidden" maint screen and erase all of them. They say that no harm will be done by hitting the start/Stop button before shifting to park unless the vehicle was in motion.

I will be going to the dealer after lunch.
Keep in mind that you have to refresh it every time you go into the app. If you start the car then stop it. Then go into the app and refresh.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Keep in mind that you have to refresh it every time you go into the app. If you start the car then stop it. Then go into the app and refresh.
My finger is sore from refreshing the app. I have refreshed while vehicle was not running and running and the nine errors are still there. The app needs a way of editing/deleting the messages but as usual these apps are poorly designed and an embarrassment to the car maker.

I am considering deleting the app and doing a reinstall next

·
Registered
495 Posts
Yea - refreshing the app is the key here. It doesn't refresh on its own. I'm now in the habit of making sure the app, when closed, is actually shut down on my iPhone so when I open it again it re-gathers all the data from the vehicle. It's not the smoothest implementation..... And it's sometimes hit/miss with the server connecting to the car (and/or the app)....

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Yea - refreshing the app is the key here. It doesn't refresh on its own. I'm now in the habit of making sure the app, when closed, is actually shut down on my iPhone so when I open it again it re-gathers all the data from the vehicle. It's not the smoothest implementation..... And it's sometimes hit/miss with the server connecting to the car (and/or the app)....
Even if I close down the app, it does not refresh it'self with out me forcing it too.

Just took the time to delete the app and reinstall it. The error message was no longer there. At least I know how to fix next time, the app should have a way to delete these messages but that is lacking from what I see.

Thanks all!

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
I haven’t had that kind of issue. Yes,it is slow. Sending the calendar entry with an address also doesn’t work. We have to just type the address in,then send it to the car.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am able to send destinations to the vehicle for use later. I do not use the calendar feature as my iPhone takes care of that quite well.

Have a great weekend!

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
The app allows you to send a calendar entry from your phone to the Nav sys. Unfortunately,it doesn’t work well.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts