Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Acura MDX Tech FWD
1,646 Posts
I use it frequently. Mostly for sending an addy to the factory nav or just checking my miles (odo reading). At times, when lazy, using it to lock/unlock vehicle.

I'm not worried about the vehicle getting hacked via the app. I get worried about the vehicle getting stolen via stealing signals from the keyfob

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Reactions: AspecJon

·
Registered
2022 MDX A-Spec
37 Posts
I use it for keyless start when I’m inside the work building and my key fob is too far away from the car. I have zero concern of the vehicle getting stolen. You probably have a better chance of getting in a terrible accident on your way to or from work as opposed to some techie thief targeting your specific car and trying to intercept and hack.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Theft is part of owning anything. More worried about what is in my vehicle that my insurance may not cover. I like the app for confirming the doors are locked and sending destinations to the NAV.

·
Registered
2022 Acura MDX Advance, Majestic Black Pearl, Full Nose PPF, Clear Plex windshield, Ceramic Coated.
37 Posts
The question is, is it worth paying for the subscription for the app feature to work like remote start? Probably.

not sure if mileage, tire pressure, door are lock or unlocked is part of the subscription, basically rendering the app useless without paying.

·
Registered
2017 Acura MDX Tech FWD
1,646 Posts
The question is, is it worth paying for the subscription for the app feature to work like remote start? Probably.

not sure if mileage, tire pressure, door are lock or unlocked is part of the subscription, basically rendering the app useless without paying.
Without paying, the app is basically useless.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts