Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Acura made about 110 MDXs per day during the first year of production. After the production of Odysseys moved to Alabama on November 14, the MDX production quantity should have increased.

My Redrock has a vin serial number of 1805 (built by Nov 7, delivered to the dealer by Nov 13). I just saw a vin serial number of 3700. Assuming 10 days between these two, it seems like they made about 1700 MDXs in 10 days ... that's 170/day. An increase of almost 50%.

This should be good news for all those waiting to get their cars. It will be interesting to see how the pricing at the dealerships will change with this increased production.

·
Registered
30 Posts
my build date was 11/20 and the last 4 of my vin is 3446. 1805 on 11/07 and my 3446 on 11/20 is about 126 per day. of course depending on when each was built during that day.

i expect delivery this weekend at the latest. by the way GCK, how's the redrock in real life. i've only seen the odyssey in the dark with much condensation all over it, and i saw a redrock at the local dealer inside the bay at night. the wait is killing me...

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Redrock:

You might be right about the VIN. As you know, you get a build date in a range ... so yours might have been anywhere in there.

Regarding the Redrock, it's just awesome. I am in love with this color. Looks at RedMDXMemphis posts in the Gallery. He has nice pictures posted.

·
Registered
138 Posts
[QUITE]This should be good news for all those waiting to get their cars. It will be interesting to see how the pricing at the dealerships will change with this increased production.[/QUOTE]
It sure does! The first opportunity to see price change will be after the Xmas. I am sure many people would like to have X to enjoy the holiday. After that, it could be a slow down.

·
Registered
421 Posts
RedRock said:
i expect delivery this weekend at the latest. [/B]
Say, Redrock, it won't be long now!! You are in the countdown mode. I'm having fun with mine, and it was worth the wait. Yesterday, I put on the side body moldings, and they went on very easily.

·
Registered
30 Posts
lester123

did you buy the side mouldings from tim or superior? i have a checklist of goodies to buy and didn't know if met tim's prices or not. i have to order today if i am going to get them by friday.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I just got my VIN today and I'm the 3940th! My build date was 11/22 supposedly but that was Thanksgiving....hey, I just realized the irony of that. No thanksgiving in Canada, but mine was "born on" Thanksgiving! Cool!

·
Registered
421 Posts
RedRock said:
did you buy the side mouldings from tim or superior? i have a checklist of goodies to buy and didn't know if met tim's prices or not. i have to order today if i am going to get them by friday.
Bought side moldings from Tim. Dealer salesperson didn't even have them on his listing of available accessories. Tim had better prices than the dealer for others when I asked a couple of months ago. Haven't finalized my "needs" as yet.

·
Registered
41 Posts
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by nanisworld
I just got my VIN today and I'm the 3940th! My build date was 11/22 supposedly but that was Thanksgiving....
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My GG was supposed to be built last week, as well. Did you call the dealer today to find out your VIN, or did they call you?(I'm not sure how much of a nag I should be...)

Thanks!

·
Registered
76 Posts
They called me, first thing this morning actually! And, I'll hopefully get the call soon to "schedule delivery".

Man, I can't wait!!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts