Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it me or does anyone else find that the Honda and Acura sites are incredibly slow to load?

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Warzau said:
Is it me or does anyone else find that the Honda and Acura sites are incredibly slow to load?

Warzau,

I guess it is you. It is FAST over here. :D :D

·
Super Moderator
4,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
welp looks like i got some tests to do.

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
slow to load

I'm using a high speed cable connection and yes it is slower than other sites.:D

·
Registered
16 Posts
Me too

I find it terribly slow on dial-up. No cable in my neighborhood. Tried DSL and my machine became unstable once the many drivers were installed... so I live with "slow" for reliable.

·
Registered
112 Posts
me too...

I agree, very slow to load! It used to drive me crazy before the X came, because I would visit the site in anticipation!;)

·
Super Moderator
4,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: slow to load

paul123 said:
I'm using a high speed cable connection and yes it is slower than other sites.:D

So its not just me, I also have cable, tweaked it to the max ( sounds 80's?) and it still loads slow.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
I checked their site, bad news

The ISP for honda.com has some problems...

16 (157.130.227.66) 32 bytes 68 * * * *
Packet loss at honda-gw.customer.alter.net
17 (157.130.227.66) 32 bytes * 66 * * *
18 (157.130.227.66) 32 bytes 67 * * * 67
19 (0.0.0.0) 32 bytes * * * * *
Hop 19 doesn't respond, giving up
Previous hop was honda-gw.customer.alter.net
http://www.honda.com returned 847 bytes in 0.002 seconds (3397 Kb/s)

BOTTOM LINE: alter.net is not doing their job, honda.com is suffering hugely.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Also, not only Honda, but almost all of the Auto Manufacturer websites suffer from over-engineering. They use alot of java, asp's, graphics, etc which take a lot of server and network resources. Most of this is dictated by their marketing and ad agency's. If they would just stick to simple HTML, JPGs and Frames, they could provide much responsive info without causing their customers to suffer through the glitz.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I have a friend who is responsible for a couple of auto manufacturer websites, and there is a team of people iinvolved with the design of a site. They have to figure out how to add all the site features, like build your own car, etc, and keep the speed up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts