Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is long overdue that Acura should be honest and pay up!

We are pleased to share that on March 26, 2018, Judge Jon S. Tigar denied the majority of arguments made by American Honda Motor Inc. in their Motion to Dismiss. Judge Tigar’s order represents a victory for consumers. Judge Tigar explains in his order that Plaintiffs sufficiently allege a defect within Honda’s exclusive knowledge, and that Honda withheld information from Plaintiffs, so a large number of Plaintiffs’ consumer protection and warranty claims can now move forward.

A status conference is scheduled for the end of the month. Plaintiffs are excited to move past the motion to dismiss stage and begin exchanging discovery in earnest. We look forward to building on the momentum of this recent win by undertaking robust discovery in the next few months and moving for class certification later on this year.

Thank you,

Steve W. Berman
Managing Partner
Hagens Berman Sobol Shapiro LLP

Reactions: JSingh80

·
Registered
268 Posts
So does this mean consumers will have the potential to get a new, working HFL at Honda’s expense?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Proly a partial compensation. Honda/Acura is truly disgusting here. They have jacked up the price of the HFL unit all the way from $100 to $300. I think they should be accessed punitive damage to learn a lesson.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Proly a partial compensation. Honda/Acura is truly disgusting here. They have jacked up the price of the HFL unit all the way from $100 to $300. I think they should be accessed punitive damage to learn a lesson.

Wow... and I’ll assume that’s American dollars... close to $400 I think it was up here in Canada!

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
It is long overdue that Acura should be honest and pay up!

We are pleased to share that on March 26, 2018, Judge Jon S. Tigar denied the majority of arguments made by American Honda Motor Inc. in their Motion to Dismiss. Judge Tigar’s order represents a victory for consumers. Judge Tigar explains in his order that Plaintiffs sufficiently allege a defect within Honda’s exclusive knowledge, and that Honda withheld information from Plaintiffs, so a large number of Plaintiffs’ consumer protection and warranty claims can now move forward.

A status conference is scheduled for the end of the month. Plaintiffs are excited to move past the motion to dismiss stage and begin exchanging discovery in earnest. We look forward to building on the momentum of this recent win by undertaking robust discovery in the next few months and moving for class certification later on this year.

Thank you,

Steve W. Berman
Managing Partner
Hagens Berman Sobol Shapiro LLP
honestly don't know what at all that vernacular means, but will assume it implies that sometime around, let's say 2028? (once all motions, discovery thingys etc. are completed...) i'll get my own personal $50 reimbursement check from Acura/Honda (in exchange for several months of inconvenience from MDX not starting up, multiple battery charges, towing fee's each time I got stranded, an NON-working Blue Tooth module from a "$50k luxury vehicle' etc. )...can't wait! :laugh: i shall use it to buy a single gallon of gas by that time!

·
Registered
278 Posts
I own an MDX and RDX and both have failed Bluetooth modules, I just leave them unplugged. Due to the cost vs the value of the cars I have not repaired either. Forcing Honda/acura replace these would be a major win for us consumers. No doubt about it.

The only major repair I have had to make was replacing the alternator which may have been caused by this module...

·
Registered
252 Posts
Joining with Pricilla's "optimism", I will bet that, no matter the outcome for US owners, Canadian owners will see NOTHING!

·
Registered
286 Posts
Wow... and I’ll assume that’s American dollars... close to $400 I think it was up here in Canada!

Markham Acura quoted me $725.00 Cdn plus tax!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts