Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Per Dealer - Excessive oil consumption is over one quart per 1000 miles.

These are the perimeters that Acura has set as a standard.. Millage of vehicle makes no difference?
New\ Old
So if your vehicle holds 4.5 quarts and you change oil at 4000 miles and only have one half quart left this is acceptable oil consumption. If you happen to lose an engine it's on YOU. DOES this sound ridiculous to anyone in this world ?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Saw this and thought I would comment, my Honda accord was part of the excessive oil consumption class action suit. They had to replace the piston rings, spark plugs, etc all for free. I paid for valve adjustment and the timing belt parts. I would see if you can get in on that class action suit. Only pre-repair items that must happen are to have the plugs foul twice, or do an oil consumption test with the dealership oil changes. My accord was burning 2-3 quarts of oil btw oil changes and fouled the plugs 3 times in total. Since the repair it burns about 1/2 a quart inbtw oil changes. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Saw this and thought I would comment, my Honda accord was part of the excessive oil consumption class action suit. They had to replace the piston rings, spark plugs, etc all for free. I paid for valve adjustment and the timing belt parts. I would see if you can get in on that class action suit. Only pre-repair items that must happen are to have the plugs foul twice, or do an oil consumption test with the dealership oil changes. My accord was burning 2-3 quarts of oil btw oil changes and fouled the plugs 3 times in total. Since the repair it burns about 1/2 a quart inbtw oil changes. Hope this helps.
Hi, MDX 2012
Acura did finally agree to repair the vehicle. Entered the shop the last of August. Received a call today that the vehicle was ready for pickup. 10-17-2019. Unknown what was done yet. Acura did provide a Loaner for all this time.
Thanks

·
Registered
24 Posts
Well that's great for you then and 2 months repair time??? did they ship it to alabama for repairs (lol)? my accord was done in three days... I am not taking my MDX to the Acura dealership I am taking it to the Honda dealership bcs it's closer, the techs are similiarly trained and they have a cheaper hourly rate. Also it's a new dealership so they have better facilities.. Glad they fixed it for you though I was pulling out my hair till they finally agreed to fix it, I called Honda about 10 times to pressure them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts