Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drained out 4 Qts. of tranny fluid and replaced with DW1. now when i take my foot off of the accelerator the vehicle wants to lurch forward with a hard thunk, i believe they call this lash?.I have always drained 4 Qts. every 15K and have never had this problem so i am blaming the DW1. I have read the new fluid caused sharper shifting, thats seems ok to me it's just coming to a stop or or anytime i have to let it coast a bit and remove power, there it goes, it is not subtle by any means. Is my tranny going bad? has anyone else experienced similar probs.? Is there an alternative fluid?

Thanks.
2007 MDX tech. 93K miles.

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
I´ve been using DW-1 since I bought my 07 MDX Tech + RES with 73K (Now has 97K) and I have not felt that "lurch" or "lash". If you went from ATF-Z1 to DW-1 just now in your MDX you must adapt to it but I highly recommend that you reset the ECU so the ECU can also adapt to the firmer shifts and keep using it for a while...

If you keep feeling abnormal behavior then there is something bad going on completely unrelated to DW-1.

·
Registered
734 Posts
How did you managed to get 4 quarts out? ATF fluid change is 3.3 quarts. Refilled with 3 quarts is perfectly fine too. I think you may have overfilled the transmission.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Check your ATF fluid levels properly after it's warmed up. Also, you might wanna drain your coolant for any signs of intermix. Having coolant intermixed with ATF could exhibit the traits you've mentioned.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts