Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

We bought a 2016 MDX-awd which was the dealers loaner care last fall. Got a really good price so we are pleased.

I'm looking through the info on the Acura website and can find nothing about whether there was an Acura care policy included with the vehicle.

Short of calling the dealer, is there any way to determine if this care has Acura care coverage?

thanks

chris

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
Hi there,

We bought a 2016 MDX-awd which was the dealers loaner care last fall. Got a really good price so we are pleased.

I'm looking through the info on the Acura website and can find nothing about whether there was an Acura care policy included with the vehicle.

Short of calling the dealer, is there any way to determine if this care has Acura care coverage?

thanks

chris
It should still be under warranty. I doubt they would include Acura care. It would be on the bill of sale.

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
You have:
- Basic 4 yrs/50,000 miles
- Powertrain 6 yrs/70,000 miles
- any extended warranties applied down the road usually up to 100,000 miles

The used MDX might have been CPO (Certified Pre-Owned) and they can have a shorter Acura Care extended warranty from 1-5 extra years and 60,000 miles to 120,000 total miles. CPO Acura vehicles usually have a higher sale price to account for the extra maint to meet CPO standards and the extra cost of the extended warranty.

Since Acura Care is transferable to another owner and pro-rated if sell early, you can call the Acura warranty folks with the VIN and they can tell you the purchase date of your previous MDX dealer loaner and if there is an Acura Care warranty. The 4/50k and 6/70k warranties start when the vehicle is sold, leased, or placed into operation as a dealership loaner. This will give you a drop dead date of when you can purchase an Acura Care warranty before the 4/50,000 expires. I purchased an extra 5yrs and up to 120,000 miles Acura Care for my 2011 MDX Adv one month before my 4/50,000 expired.

I would check on-line at other Acura dealerships if you are still wanting to purchase an Acura Care extended warranty. It is the same policy no matter where you purchase. The advantage of purchasing on-line out of state is they usually don't charge sales tax. That could save you another $200-$300 compared to purchasing from a local Acura dealership and being charged tax.

Here is the number I have on my contract for questions:
Claims & Contract Services: 1-888-682-2872

1 - 3 of 3 Posts