Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to buy a new 2017 MDX . Not sure if I should get AWD or FWD? I live in Northern California. I rarely drive in the snow. Is a big difference in the ride? How about gas milage?

Thank you!

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
GET THE AWD..... Even if you are not planning on driving spiritedly, SH-AWD is such a gem to have in the future.
Remember that SH-AWD is not there for Weather Purposes but to Enhance Driving Characteristics and the MDX Needs it.

Reactions: MTD

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I am looking to buy a new 2017 MDX . Not sure if I should get AWD or FWD? I live in Northern California. I rarely drive in the snow. Is a big difference in the ride? How about gas milage?

Thank you!
MPG penalty with the AWD isn't very bad, the extra maintenance for AWD is about $100 a year. The SH-AWD does make the MDX handle much better in inclimate weather, and as well does make the car much more fun to drive! Since I'm a spirited driver, I love the SH-AWD. My SO is a bit more tame while driving and still enjoys the benefit of the AWD vs the FWD cars in our stable.

If you can afford it, go for it! If you can't, then stick with the FWD and at least get the tech package!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts